R.E. Devlin

William took his routine morning run around the park, with his earphones on and Nike sportswear 6 in the morning. Smiling occasionally with his fellow runners, greeting them good morning. His blond hair was soaked with sweat, and his damped shirt clung to his toned body more as he ran. When in a corner he smelt paint, he jerked immediately, only to find nothing around.

He swore his heart beat even faster, that it rang in his ears, recalling her. William jogged slower till he was walking in a leisure pace and gazing at the empty park, wondering where she was.

Was she merely in vacation? Possibly. Since she didn't have the local English accent, yet she spoke the language fluently.

The thought of her just vacationing gave him dread, if that was the case, it was merely impossible for him to see her again.

His life had been good, imcredibly busy but good. He just finished shooting a 1830's movie and was now preparing for his new role, as a lead to a movie based on a novel by R.E Devlin.  R.E Devlin is a mysterious author, who's person is still unknown to the public. Francine, Robert's wife is the one who invited him to audition for the role, since she is one of the Producers.

William had auditioned for the lead after doing his research on the character by reading the novel itself. After a number of callbacks, he was given the role. However, he felt a hint of doubt with his portrayal, and felt the need to know the character more. During their meeting last week, he asked the director and producers if he could meet R.E Devlin, in hopes that he'll be able to play the role perfectly if he understood the character deeper. The group gave him looks, as though it was a close to impossible request. They barely even managed to get the deal from Devlin's team.

Then they turned to Francine who made it all possible. Francine was the one who fought tooth and nail to secure the film rights of the book, and everyone knew many had tried and failed before. She was the one who was able to get that sweet 'yes' from Devlin's team.

Francine sighed knowing full well, it wont be an easy task. "I'll see what I can do, but I wouldn't get my hopes up." She said.

In privacy, the Francine and William spoke. "I'll try and talk to her Agent Cam, but I wouldn't be able to tell if Devlin would agree to meet you, seeing as he values his privacy. And when I say 'he', I meant as a gender neutral pronoun." Francine explained, careful with her words. This was one for the vows she made when she met the Author. Devlin was not as she initially expected, she'd read many theories on the web of who she actually is, and the revelation had shocked her.

Will noticed all the secrecy she needed to keep. "I consider Devlin a friend, and his identity must be kept a secret--I am literally under contract, Will." Francine revealed and William understood completely.

R.E Devlin was considered one of the best mystery writer of this century, selling more than 700Million copies, and constantly on the International Best Sellers List, R.E Devlin had been a household name and it has a horde of fans from Twitter, Instagram, Facebooks, a number of dedicated websites and Fan Clubs.

Yet, his identity, gender, race or even age is known only by a few people. One of those people is his Agent Cameron, who William only knew of from his strict reputation. Cameron had always gone the extra mile for his clients, protecting them like no tomorrow. He was a former stockbroker in New York, and now he's infamous for his colorful language against the Press. He would sue them left and right, thus, he was both respected and feared by the media, especially with the R.E. Devlin Mystery waiting to be cracked.

William was in his flat studying the script, anxiously waiting for Francine's promised call regarding his request.

His phone rang around 1 in the afternoon, seeing the name on the screen he answered.

"Fran."

"Will! Great news! I was able to convince Cameron! He gave me instructions. Follow them carefully after you sign the non disclosure agreement I emailed you!"