Leave, Just Leave

Tessa didn't know why Will was blindfolding her. Nervous excitement filled her as the engine thrummed under her feet.

"Alright," Will said finally.

"Can I take this thing off my face now?" Tessa asked, gesturing blindly to the blindfold. She heard Will chuckle and the car door open and slam shut. She reached for the car door

handle on her own side, fingers feeling her way to the handle but the door opened and her hands landed on a rather firm chest.

She immediately drew her hand back, knowing her cheeks were red and that Will was probably stifling laughter.

Will helped her down and kept a firm hold on her hand as he led her to a place Tessa couldn't see. "You're doing this just so you could hold my hand, correct?" Tessa asked.

"How did you know?" came Will's amused reply.

The sound of a key turning in a keyhole caught Tessa's attention.

"So we're entering a building," Tessa noted. Then a familiar smell filled her nose. The smell of books. The scent of old pages and of dog­eared books. "And we're in a library," Tessa

said.

"You're brilliant, you know that?" Will said. Tessa grinned. Then Will untied the blindfold.

Tessa could only stare. And gape. And stare.

"Behold. The Herondale library," Will said, waving his hands in a dramatic manner.

"You have an entire building," Tessa said. "Devoted to books."

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Will said.

Tessa could only nod. Books were stacked high, the bookshelves reaching the ceiling. There was every genre you could imagine. "Brilliant!" Tessa said, surging forward and

scanning the titles.

"Remember. You're on a date with me. Not the books," Will grinned.

The day passed by quickly and unfortunately, Tessa had to be dragged away from the library. Will was laughing the entire time.

"Can we go again?" Tessa asked excitedly.

"Unfortunately not. We're never going again," Will said, a hint of a smile on his face.

"Why not?" Tessa said, her voice almost like a whine.

"If I let you go again, you won't leave the place," Will said.

Tessa sighed, but she had to agree.

"Tessa," Cecily hollered. "You've got mail!" Cecily ran inside the house, holding up a letter and waving it wildly in her hand. Cecily ran into the living room where Tessa was curled

up on the couch with a book in her hand, as always.

"Who would send me a letter? That's so old fashioned," Tessa said, rolling her eyes.

"Well, it's someone rich, because people who can do nice cursive are usually rich people," Cecily grinned.

"Can you do nice cursive?" Tessa asked, raising an eyebrow as she took the letter Cecily held out for her.

"Nope," Cecily said happily. Tessa grinned as Cecily skipped away. Cecily became a lot happier since the 'Battle of Plants.' (That was what Cecily called it.)

Tessa opened her letter and found that the letter was handwritten in fine cursive as well. There was not much written on it. Yet, six little words managed to make Tessa nervous.