Go Get Her

This was it. Tessa entered the airport alone, dragging her suitcase with her. She had already shipped the rest of her stuff

to her parents. This was it. She was leaving. No regrets. No emotions. That was her promise to herself.

There were too many memories in London, most of them tainted by Will. Tessa once again cursed herself for letting William Herondale worm his way into her heart. She was an

idiot for believing him.

Taking a deep breath, she walked deeper into the airport, dragging her suitcase behind her as she walked. Tessa tried to cheer herself up with thoughts of Nate and her parents.

Perhaps she could meet up with Clary, Simon, Isabelle, Jace and Alec at home. That would be nice, to see her old friends again.

"So you're really leaving, huh?" Tessa whirled around to see Magnus Bane, standing right behind her with an unusually serious look on his face.

"I'm leaving," Tessa said simply.

"Great," Magnus said, though his tone lacked its usual cheeriness. "I'll come with you!"

"What?" Tessa asked, completely confused.

"I could see Alec again," Magnus said, walking ahead of Tessa. He turned around. "Are you coming?"

Tessa followed the strange man, but she had gotten used to Magnus' eccentricity. "How do you even know Alec?" Tessa asked.

"I know a lot of things, Tessie," Magnus said simply. Tessa chose not to ask. For two seconds, Magnus had distracted Tessa from her thoughts. How blissful were those precious few

seconds! But they had ended, just like everything else, Tessa thought bitterly.

"You still love him," Magnus said. It was not a question, but a remark. A statement.

"No," Tessa said, shaking her head adamantly. "I don't. Not after what he did to me." Both Magnus and Tessa got the feeling that she wasn't trying to prove it to Magnus anymore.

"You do," Magnus insisted. He made Tessa sit down on a nearby bench. "If you didn't, you wouldn't be so hung up on it all."

"Well, hooray," Tessa said miserably. "I still love him. That's great. Now I can just go back home, feeling even worse."

"Girl, you need to chill," Magnus said, sitting lazily on the bench next to her. "People are lucky to find one love in their lives, you know. And you're just letting him go like that."

"Magnus, he doesn't love me," Tessa said and she couldn't help but think she sounded like a whiny brat. "It's fine. I'm fine," Tessa said, looking at her feet.

"Obviously," Magnus sighed, "You aren't. And Tessie, you didn't even wonder why he suddenly, out of the blue, just break up with you, when you know you had him wrapped around

your little finger. I'm a little disappointed in both of you. What happened to true love?" Magnus said dramatically, waving his arms wildly. "It was so easy for you to just believe

he never cared. But have you ever seen that boy with you? One glance at him and you would think that he was in heaven. You had that boy caught, Tessa. Why didn't you question

it?"

"I…" Tessa started, but she shook her head. "You're just getting my hopes up. Stop," Tessa said, standing. "I should go check in. The plane is leaving in two hours."

"Tessa," Magnus sighed, shaking his head and looking at her with the saddest look. Tessa held back a flinch. "I'll come," he said and stood, following Tessa with a depressed look.