14.

GETTING UP FOR school Wednesday morning I suppress all doubts I have in my mind about going ahead with my relationship with Forrest. Tyson and Ian's reactions, I could totally handle. But Luke, I don't know how he'd react. My biggest worry is that he'll think I just used him to get close to Forrest and that I'm just like every other girl who falls for the popular athlete. I don't want his opinion of me to change in any way. But lucky for me, Forrest completely understands, so we'll just keep this a secret between the two of us from now on. Another reason why I like Forrest. The guys will have to find out eventually, but I don't have to think about that right now.

Just as I'm about to get into my car and drive to school, Forrest's car pulls up in front of the house. "You didn't have to come pick me up." I say as way of greeting when I hop into the passenger seat. "It's not a big deal. It seems like the boyfriend thing to do." He shrugs and then hands me an iced coffee. "Thanks." I  beam. He pulls away from the curb and starts driving.

"Is it bad that I'm worried about how today will go? What if they suspect something or figure it out?" I ask him as he drives.

"Everything is going to be fine. They most likely won't figure it out and even if they do, they'll probably be fine with it." He replies calmly as if my worries aren't that big of a deal and maybe they aren't.

"What happens if they aren't okay with it, though? It's not like I'm some random girl. I'm their friend too and I hang out with them just as much as you do. What if it gets weird?" I point out.

"It won't get weird. They'll be fine with it. Ian and Tyson for sure. Luke might have a slight problem with it, but it's not a big deal. He'll get over it." He shrugs.

"Why would Luke have a problem with it?"

This revelation makes me even more concerned for the outcome of this plan than I was before. I mean, sure we're not telling them now. But we'll obviously have to tell them eventually if this starts to really work out. Why would Luke have a problem with me dating Forrest?

"Don't worry about it. It's complicated." Forrest says, waving off the topic before it can be discussed further. "I'll worry about it if I want. I care what Luke thinks, out of all of you, me and him have gotten the closest. He's my best friend. I don't want to lose the only best friend I've ever had because of a relationship." I say. "So, you care more about Luke than me?" He asks. "No, it's not that. I care about you both equally, just in different ways." I tell him. "Okay, well then mission dating in secret is a go." He confirms as we pull into a parking space. "You're such a dork." I grin at him and then I lean over the console to kiss him. Making sure no one saw us, we each get out of the car and walk into the school together but not like we're together together.                                                                                                                                                                       

We walk to my locker together, where Kenzie is waiting for me. "Good. At least someone remembered to get your daily dose of caffeine because I did not want to have to deal with you whining about being tired all day." She jokes. Then noting Forrest's presence, she gives me a conspiratorial smile. "I'll see you at lunch." Forrest waves and then heads off down the hall. "Thanks for the ride." I shout after him and then turn to my locker and start to unlock it, trying my best to ignore Kenzie's smug grin. "Iced coffee and a ride to school? I'm sensing you took my advice about sharing your feelings and it went surprisingly well." She grins at me.

"You're spot on. But you can't tell a soul. I'm still trying to work out how to tell the guys and how they may react to the news, so for now we're dating in secret." I tell her. "For how long?" She wonders. "For however long it takes, I guess." Giving my shoulders a shrug. "I'm just wondering how long you'll actually be able to keep a secret from Luke. I mean you guys are best friends, after all." She says.