seventeen

i bought tickets to see harry in vancouver next year, so if anyone is going on august 16th 2021 dm me!! i'd love to make friends to meet at the concert:)

also short chapter, but it's all uphill from here boysss

"I just hope that you figure things out... whether it's with Bella or not."

I slowly opened my eyes, letting out a yawn I noticed the familiar musky vanilla scent that I used to find comfort in so long ago.

SItting up I took in my surroundings, seeing Cheryl sitting across the room from me on my bed, then noticing the pair of legs that were next to mine.

"Hi," Harry half-smiled.

"Hi." I breathed, remembering that I called him here last night. "Thanks for coming and helping clean." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes.

"I ordered breakfast. Figured McDonalds would be nice for the hangover." Cheryl pointed to the coffee table.

You could cut the awkward tension with a knife, the room felt heavy and I surely thought that I would suffocate. It was beyond me how Cheryl allowed Harry to be in the same room as her and myself after everything that happened. I didn't even tell her about the night I drove to pick up a shitfaced Harry from Camille's house, and I was hoping he didn't tell her.

I mumbled a small thank you to Cheryl before crawling off of Harry. I sat on the floor next to the coffee table, taking a hashbrown I ate slowly while the three of us sat in silence, which I greatly appreciated.

Between the headache that I had from the copious amounts of wine last night, and the awkwardness that filled the air, talking wasn't something I felt up to doing.

"I think uh... I think I'm gonna go. Have some studying to do for a big exam." Cheryl said.

"I'll wash your clothes and bring them over sometime this week... gives me an excuse to come and see you." I smiled, getting up and following her towards the door.

"It was nice to see you Harry." She spoke, nodding towards him.

"You too Cher." He waved back.

Cheryl and I hugged before she headed out the door, and I turned back to Harry not knowing what to do next.

"Thanks for coming... I appreciate it. Although I-"

"You probably wouldn't have texted if you weren't drunk?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah." I smiled sadly.

"Is this how things are going to be from now on?" He asked, a frown prominent on his face.

"What do you mean?"

"I dunno... one of us gets drunk and calls the other for help?"

I sighed, taking a seat on the couch next to him, finding comfort in the scent of his cologne. "I just don't know. How am I supposed to act around you? We're basically strangers... I don't know who you are anymore... I'm just beginning to figure out who I am again."

"Why do things have to be awkward though Bella? I told you exactly what happened. I know you said you need time... but I miss you so fucking much." Harry spoke while running his hands through his hair, something he did when he was nervous.

"I miss you too Harry, but is this really what either of us need? We're at two completely different points than we were two years ago. We're completely different people now.I'm not sure if I want or need this again," I bit my lip.

"Friends? Even acquaintances... I just want to be around you. You went through two years of complete hell and I want to make up for it Bella. I'm telling you that as your best friend, I want to be there for you as much as I can. I'm here, I'm not going anywhere... I'm not going to hurt you, and I'm sure as hell going to try my hardest to make up for everything that happened." He looked at me, eyes wide.

"I can't promise anything Harry. There's trust that needs to be rebuilt, even though I'm not entirely sure if that's possible... but if you're willing to try then I am too. Just friends though, nothing else."

He blinked back tears, which I assumed were caused by my last words. I wanted him to know exactly what my intentions were though, no tip-toeing around the bush and keeping either of us wondering what we were.

I wasn't the same person I was two years ago, and I'm sure he wasn't either. We needed to get to know each other before I'd even consider us friends again, and he needed to know that.

"Okay," He breathed, my heart breaking at the sight of tears in his eyes. "Friends." He smiled, trying to hide his emotions.

If we were dating right now, I'd hug him. Kiss his forehead as he cuddled into my chest, we'd lay here and talk away the sadness that filled both of our souls.

But we weren't together now, so I just nodded and stayed silent.

thank u guys for sticking around!! i know where i want to go with this story now, so i'm going to finish it!

i just had horrible writers block writing this chapter, plus my birthday was a few days ago, and yesterday i was told by my boss that one of my coworkers might have covid🤦‍♀️ so i've been stressed about that ugh

n e wayysss, thank you guys for the supportive comments! i read every comment and honestly u guys are the funniest people i know LMFAOO, but also the most supportive! thank u for helping me find the motivation to finish this story:)

i love u always✨✨