Chapter 51: Onset and Alert

Heart of the Infiltrators

(Senran Kagura x Male Reader)

Chapter 51: Onset and Alert

"Kagura was met by officials and is on her way to the seal now. We should have a more exact estimate on Shin's arrival by the end of the day. Nothing else to report."

"Roger. Keep us posted."

"Has CIA intelligence located Kazami Kira?"

"Negative. Though, we've located one of his lieutenants this morning. We've dispatched land and air surveillance to watch for him."

"To confirm, you're referring to Cleaner?"

"Affirmative."

"Where is he? Our intelligence bureaus haven't been able to get a hint of him since the church bombing in the United States last year."

"The city in which that Yōma appeared the other day. He was spotted in the passenger seat of a sedan, blue in color, by agents we had on the ground. Both he, the driver, and the other passenger, from what our drone managed to see, are equipped with small arms weaponry."

"Have you informed local law enforcement?"

"Currently attempting. We're trying to get a quick-moving police station onboard but there's a lot of processing in place."

"We'll try to clear that on our end."

"Appreciated. We'll make contact with Bloodhound. They're currently posted eleven and a half kilometers in the air within an unmarked aircraft flying southwest of the relief areas. Get everyone in the PSIA to go on secondary alert. Depending on how this goes, we might be able to root out a big dignitary before dinnertime."

"Will do. Kyoto, signing out."

There was a muffled rumble from the aircraft's engines as the camera operator continued to look through his monitor. Then, once the equipment was readjusted after a minor technical failure a few minutes earlier, he gripped the radio on his chest and calmly stated, "One-One, this is One-Three. The camera is operational. Switching on the feed and ready to center on target area."

"Roger, One-Three," came the crew captain's stoic voice over the headset, "Check your monitor. I'm forwarding the map grid and last coordinates of the target. Be quick, it's been several minutes since we lost him."

"On it," replied the operator as he pulled up his second monitor and took in the variety of letters and numbers. There were a brief few seconds of difficulty, causing him to click his tongue with slight frustration. But, after glancing up to the city map that he'd studied all through the night before, each big and little coordinate suddenly came back to him. Then, after cross referencing the numbers that his captain sent him, he placed his eyes up to the monitor and began the search, "One-One, this is One-Three. Commencing the search."

Through the advanced lenses sticking out of the side of the compact aircraft, the camera operator then proceeded to do a visual sweep of the area in question: a small neighborhood that was very near the destruction caused by the Yōma. Unfortunately, despite a firm and determined search over the course of a minute, the only thing that the operator could find were the local citizens and relief efforts. Some people were walking idly as though nothing was wrong while others were treating or being treated in government medical tents pitched in the park. The scene was hopeful but still a bit depressing for the Bloodhound Team, even as a group of Americans without much attachment to the foreign soil below them.