Chapter 57: Relation and Ceasefire

Heart of the Infiltrators

(Senran Kagura x Male Reader)

Chapter 57: Relation and Ceasefire

"I just got a text from Ryōbi," said Miyabi as she reached down her hand and patted at the young man's head, "The apartment is clean and Jirō is gone."

There was a brief sound of acknowledgement from the young man before he nuzzled closer and responded, "Yeah, I can feel my phone blowing up in my pocket. Did everyone show up?"

"Not everyone could get into the area quick enough."

"Ah, understandable."

At that moment, the two were relaxing on a bench outside of a nearby train station. Miyabi was still transformed and sitting upright with her back straight while the young man's head was propped onto her lap and pulled close to her stomach with Chomubach resting on his chest. The three were visibly exhausted by all that their afternoon had thrown at them earlier but there was still a slightly triumphant air that was beating back any feelings of sadness.

Knowing that it would be best to respond to his vibrating phone sooner than later, the young man lazily reached down to his pocket and pulled it out to send responses to everyone who'd texted him. As he did so, he briefly turned up to Miyabi, "Question."

"Go ahead," came an answer as she was sending out another response on her own phone.

The young man blinked before gesturing to their position and to the surrounding crowd, "Is it just me or does no one seem to care that we're hogging an entire bench?"

"Ah," came the quiet response before Miyabi explained, "I'm still transformed and invisible to the untrained eye. Since you're in contact with me, that applies to you as well."

"Handy," remarked the young man as he faintly recalled a similar instance when Sato was brought into an alleyway for Murakumo's correction. He then questioningly asked, "So, we're just a bench to the people around us? What's stopping them from just deciding to sit here?"

Miyabi continued casually as she sent out another response, "It's some kind of science-thing that I, myself, don't completely understand. In short, shinobi apparently secrete a pheromone that averts people from their current position when transformed to avoid accidental collisions."

Just as she finished talking, a lovey-dovey couple was walking nearby and pointed to the bench, "Wanna take a seat? My feet are killing me."

The other person thought about the arrangement, noting how well shined the metal was on both sides and how the wooden seat had certainly been recently polished by station personnel, "I dunno, that bench seems a little... dirty... doesn't it?"

"Oh, totally. Never mind what I said. C'mon, there should be another nearby."

As the two walked away, the young man and Miyabi remained silent before the former nodded his head, "Again, I will say that is a very handy thing for right now." Miyabi made a sound and patted his head again before launching back into responding to everyone who was reaching out to her. Just as the boy moved to do the same, he faltered for a second and pressed his lips together. He then pocketed his phone and moved to lift himself into a seated position but was stopped when Miyabi firmly pressed a hand down onto him to keep him laid against her. There was an awkward groan from the young man before he murmured, "You know, I'm feeling a bit overpampered here... I'm in the lap of a beautiful woman who may be in need of her own comfort."