t

When Darryl pulled into the driveway of Zak's house, he put the truck in park and leaned back in his seat. He had never met the younger in person before, despite the two talking about it for years. Taking a deep breath and wiping the dried tears from his eyes, he stepped onto the pavement and made his way to the doorstep.

It felt surreal to finally be meeting his best friend of four years. But it felt even more surreal to be doing so under the current circumstances.

Before he could even knock more than once, the door in front of him swung open and he was engulfed in a tight hug. He didn't know why, but he was suddenly crying again, burying his face into the younger's neck and sobbing.

Zak was doing the same. He wanted nothing more than to stay in Darryl's arms for the rest of his life. The way they just effortlessly fit together was in short, incredible. They had both wanted this for so long and to finally be together was all they could have ever asked for.

"Thank you," Zak whispered softly. "Thank you for being here. When I called you I didn't know if you would actually want to see me." He buried himself further into Darryl's embrace, his tears wetting the older's jacket. Neither of them cared.

"Are you kidding? I would've given anything to be here with you. I care so much about you Zak, I couldn't live with myself if I knew you were scared and alone and I could've prevented it." He paused, pulling away from the hug to look Zak in the eye. "I'm sorry I didn't get here faster."

Zak lightly smacked the older's arm, mustering a small, soft smile up at him. "You're here now and that's what matters."