final.

We regret to inform you the new projected time of impact is within the next hour.

Neither of the two knew what to do. What to say. They just listened to to the now annoying sound of the children's movie after the broadcast had ended. Having enough of it, Zak reaches over and angrily threw the remote at the Tv, causing the screen to crack but effectively turning the movie off.

"Zak, calm down." Darryl pleaded.

"How am I supposed to be calm? They just told us we have an hour left! An hour left to live!" The younger stood up, letting go of the other's hands. He hesitated before saying what was really on his mind.

"An hour left to be with you," A new trail of tears escaped, rolling down the boy's soft cheeks.

"Then why don't we spend it together?" Darryl stood up, reaching for both of the younger's hands once more, and intertwining their soft fingers.

"Darryl, I," He paused, hesitating before realizing this would quite literally be his last chance to say this. "I never told you how much I love you. And I should have said it way before now, but I never-" His confession was interrupted by the older's forehead against his, and hot breath on his lips. He couldn't formulate a response with words, all he could think to do was press his lips against the soft ones of his older friend's.

Friend. We aren't friends.

The kiss was short and sweet, simply just lips placed upon lips. Nothing more.

That was, until Darryl lightly pushed Zak back down onto the couch, keeping steady eye contact throughout. Zak naturally fell onto his back, propping himself up on his elbows. Darryl leaned down, his mission to finally show Zak how he had felt all these years, while distracting the younger from the end of the fucking world.

"I love you so much more than you could ever imagine, Zak. I've loved you since day one."

And just like that, they were kissing again, Darryl comfortably hovering over Zak, tilting his chin up to meet his lips once more.

Zak grinned into the kiss, the older returning the gesture. They laid on Zak's couch, making out like the young couples in movies. Though, this is not a movie. These two do not get the ending we all hoped for, as they would in a movie.

A single loud explosion rings in the pair's ears, bringing them back to their doomed reality. Several more explosions follow, getting closer and closer together as the seconds pass.

Darryl and Zak exchange helpless looks, each wishing they just had more time.

"I love you, Zak. I couldn't have picked a better end of the world buddy." He smiled, despite the overwhelming sense of dread for what the future holds. Well, what future there was left.

"I wish we had more time," Zak cried, placing his hand on Darryl's cheek and rubbing soothing circles. He wiped the tears away as they began to fall.

"So do I." Darryl's loving, yet pained gaze wore off on Zak, who pushed himself up to place one last lingering kiss on the older's lips before the room was engulfed in a blinding white light.

The pair closed their eyes, enjoying what they had before the world faded away.

Thejust needed a little more time.

fin.