PROLOGUE

ONE OF THE reasons why a person has to live, is to love. But in my situation, it's the other way around.

I am Rovee Samantha Santiago and I have a rare desease called Stress Cardiomyopathy, also reffered to as "broken heart syndrome"

This potentially life threatening condition can occur following a variety of emotional stressors such as grief, fear, extreme anger, and surprise. And I heard that all of these can be triggered if you get too attached to anyone, same situation if you fall in love.

Ofcourse I am not familiar with the feeling. I just watched and red a lot about it, and based on those, falling in love is the best feeling of all. But sadly, I already planned to live my whole life with a strong desire of living longer, for my family. So technically, I have to prohibit myself from falling in love. Sad right?

But even though it's planned already, I still can't help myself to think... What if this one person came all of a sudden and pushed me to change my plans?

Will I still be able to hang on it and endure the pain forever just to avoid from falling?

Or will I just let go and let myself fall into a bottomless pit knowing that it will risk my precious life.

My decisions will be a battle between 'to live' or 'to love'

But whether my decisions will be, I am pretty sure that I will end up asking the same question...

Why Can't it Be?