3: Hesitation

The timer for Jisung's hour up rings, signalling the end of the deal, and his life.

He slowly shuts down the alarm whilst staring at the demon, trying to figure out what he's feeling. He hasn't said much since their last interaction, filling in the last five minutes with silence and staring up at the sky, and Jisung doesn't dare to try make conversation. But now, it seems inevitable.

"Are you okay? You get to eat me now."

Minho turns his head to the side to look at the boy.

"I don't eat people. I just... feed on their souls."

"That's the same thing."

"It's not."

"It is."

"It's not."

"Yes, it is!"

"No. It's. Not." He grits out, daring Jisung with furious eyes to challenge him.

He pulls a face at the older, seeing this going nowhere.

"Okay. Just do your thing," he says, not really expecting the demon's next actions.

In the space of a breath, he finds himself yet again pressed against Minho's body, this time underneath.

The cold castle floor sends screaming shivers up his spine, forcing itself onto his body in a disgusting shudder that makes him feel invaded. He knows it also has gum and mud and other things children have left behind, making him cringe before he realises it's the least of his problems.

Lee Know's hands are on either side of his head uncaring of the dirt, the glare still just as penetrating as always and makes Jisung just as uncomfortable. Maybe even more so, because at least from a wider distance he could imagine that there is emotion behind the irises, but from this close, the chance to freely imagine is smashed by fact. They're hard and cold, empty of all feeling, so close Jisung can see his little face reflecting back at him in the golden but slowly changing eyes.

Changing?

His breath hitches and he squirms a little before clenching his eyes shut.

"Just—pl-please, make it quick. I don't like pain."

Minho grinds his teeth together, making his jaw stick out sharply. He brings his face impossibly closer, licking his lips.

His eyes travel all over Jisung's face cooly. His chubby cheeks, plump lips, pretty nose, closed eyes that he remembers to be a deep and colourful brown.

Jisung's eyes stay screwed shut, and his hands subconsciously come to fumble at Minho's leather jacket, balling it into his tiny fists.

"It's been so hard putting up with you, Doll. You've been really getting on my nerves with all your questions and innocent acts; but now?" Minho chuckles darkly, watching and feeling the younger start to tremble.

He seizes Jisung's chin, making him squirm at the harsh handling.

He jerks his face to look up at his, forcing him to look directly up at Minho. His other hand weaves it's way to the back of the human's head, tightly gripping his hair and pulling him in slowly by the firm hold of Jisung's roots.

It makes the younger whimper, his scalp burning where his hair is being tightly gripped and pulled.

He slowly brings Jisung's forehead to his lips, his bottom lip grazing the skin of the docile boy. Turning his own head to the side, so his hot breath fans over his soft skin.

"I get to shut you up," he exhales against his forehead.

Jisung starts to sob silently. He doesn't like the mean words directed at him or the roughness with which he's being handled.