The Woods

"Chase! C'mon I wanna get home before the sun sets, you know how much I hate the woods after dark. Gives me the heebee-jeebees man." Orion said climbing down the uneven rocks.

"Oh Orion, you are my best friend; but even you can be a scardy cat at times. Man buck up." Chase laughed and looked up at his pale friend. Orion pouted and sat on the boulder near Chase's shoulders.

"Not nice dude, just because I'm three days younger than you doesn't mean a single thing."

"Does too!"
"Does not!"
"Too!"
"Not!"

Both boys feel into a fit of laughs as they grinned at each other. Orion tilted his head, causing his brown hair to fall into his grey eyes. Chase rolled his blue orbs and pushed back his dirty blonde hair.

Crunch. A stick had broken, causing both boys to look at each other.

"Suns setting. We better get back before our parents worry. You know how our mothers are, all," Chase put on a girly voice, "boys you are out past the town curfew, we were worried sick!" He finished and wagged his pointer finger at his friend.

Snap!

"Yea I guess we should hurry home. I'm hungry anyway," Orion hopped off the rock and landed into the leaves. "Let's go dude, our moms are gonna freak the fuck out if we don't hurry!"

Chase grinned at his friend and grabbed his arm, "what about a little race?"

"Sounds good. On the count of three, kay?" Orion said and both boys got into position.

"ONE!"
"TWO!"
"THREE!"

Both boys took off and ran with all their might, dodging tree branches, hopping over tree limbs and stray rocks.

Running harder, Chase broke from the tree line and waited for Orion, laughing. "C'mon Orion!" The smaller boy than broke free and grabbed his knees panting, "you're to fast, that isn't fair!" Chase just shrugged and waited for his friend to catch his breath.

After Orion caught his breath they both walked to their houses and settled in for the night.