Knock Knock

Orion opened the door and was hugged to death by his mother, Jenni.

"BABY! Are you ok?! Where were you?! Was Chase with you sweetie?" Jenni said in one breath and held her son arms length away from her, scanning him over. There was only dirt on his face from the woods.

"I'm fine mom, I was in the woods, and yes Chase was with me mom. I'm fine. See? No scratches. No bruises. No blood. I'm seventeen mom I can take care of myself. I love you." Orion said and smiled softly. He loved that his mom was so caring about him.

"Where's dad?"
"Still at work"
"But it's past dark.."
"Sweetie, your dads a busy man. Come eat ok? Jackson was waiting for his big brother to come home."

Orion nodded and walked to the dining room, seeing his littlest brother in his high chair.

Jackson was only two but he looked so much smaller, he was born very premature. He had green eyes and some blonde tuffs of hair atop his head. He also had five teeth, and was in the process of being potty trained, which relieved Orion. Jackson had a habit of throwing his used diapers at people; even though it was funny it was gross.

Ariel came in the dining room and smiled at her older brother. She was only five but was very polite. She had light brown hair and brown eyes, the eyes coming from their moms side of the family. She was a bit overweight but she loved to dance and sing. Orion didn't mind his little sister being that way, he loved her. She would paint his nails a light baby pink and put bows in his hair.

Fink laughed and sat in front of his big brother. Fink wasn't his name but his middle name was Franklin and people called him Fink. His actual name was Trevor. He had blonde hair and grey eyes like his brother but they were almost black. He also had freckles across his nose and a gap in his teeth. Fink was thirteen.

Orion looked around his dining table seeing his family. Fink was suppose to be the last baby, but when he was eight, almost nine, Ariel was born and his parents were ecstatic with her birth. Then three years later, they had Jackson. Since he was born so premature, Jenni had her tubes tied and was pleased with her four children.

"Orion, Trevor, Ariel?-" Jackson cut her off and shrieked loudly, "oh yes, and Jackson. Sorry sweetie" Jenni said and petting back the small tuff of hair on her youngest child's head. "Would you like to say Grace?"

The children nodded and grabbed each other's hands. Orion held onto Fink and Ariel's hand. Ariel held onto his and moms. Mom held onto Jackson's and Ariel's. Jackson, only two, held onto Fink's hand.

"Thank you lord for the food we have received, and please make sure dad comes home safe tonight," Orion said and everyone said amen.

They are started eating and the knocking came suddenly. Everyone stopped what they were doing and Jackson started crying.

"Is it dad?!" Ariel asked and stood on her chair.

"Not sure sis. Everyone to their rooms!" Orion shouted and everyone ran to their rooms, Jenni grabbing Jackson. Orion made his way to the front door. The banging kept it's steady pace and a man shouted, "open the door please!" Orion peered into the eyehole and saw a man, his dad. His dad had his light green eyes pushed into the eyehole, his nose looking a tad bigger. His father stepped away and you could see his brown hair, fading a little. He quickly then opened the door.

"Thank you son."
"No problem dad, we thought you were a monster. Sorry."
"S'ok son, the dark is scary."

Orion nodded and yawned a bit. "I'm heading to bed dad. Night. Love ya." Orion said and left before he heard his dads reply. Going to his room, he sighed and took off his clothing, pulling up his boxers and some sleeping pants.

Vzzz. Vzzz. Vzzz. Orion looked at his phone. A text message from Chase.

Sup

Nothing, going to bed. You?

Same. Hanging out 2morrow?

Totally dude. Spell it right Chase.

Nah. In your dreams, 0rion.

Seriously?

Srsly dude.

Whatever Chase. Night bro.

Sleep tight Orion. Lock your windows.

You too dude.

Orion put his phone down and crawled into his bed. He'd do the dishes in the morning. For now, he thought, I'll just sleep. Slowly he drifted to sleep.