Dude!

Chase sat at his family's dining table the next morning munching on his cereal.

"Chase, hun, are you feeling okay?" His mom, Samantha asked, putting her hand on her sons forehead. "You don't have a fever.." She trailed off and kissed his head.

"I'm fine mom, just thinking about what Orion and I are gonna do today. The woods look terrible today because of whatever is out there." Chase grumbled and pushed his half-eaten bowl away.

"MOM! QUINN ISN'T SHARING!" His younger sister, Lilith screamed. Suddenly a loud crash rang out and Quinn yelled, "I didn't do it mom! Lilith did it!" before his feet pounded on the stairs and thumped as he hit the ground floor.

Quinn grinned at his brother, him being only ten he didn't really know better. Lilith came down after him and tackled him, "YOU RUINED MY PROJECT, JERK!" she screamed at him.

"Get off him Lilith before mom sees you and takes away your extra credit." Even though is was summer break his sister insisted to do extra credit for her next class she was to enter with Quinn. Chase rolled his eyes at his sisters behavior. She got off her twin and stuck her tongue out at Chase. "Do that again and I'll cut it off Lil," Chase said and made scissors with his two fingers, "got it?" She nodded her head.

Lilith and Quinn were something else. Both had a splash of freckles on their faces, and green eyes. Same copper colored hair as their dad, but Lilith's hair was cut in a bob and she always, and I mean always had a headband in. Quinn had his hair long, so if you didn't know them, and looked at them from the back you'd mix them up.

"I'm gonna get Orion, Mom!" Chase yelled and grabbed his jacket, "Ok sweetie! Love you!" Chase smiled, "Love you too mom!"

Chase walked over to his best friends house and walked right in.

"Jenni, you look lovely as always." He said.

"Orion will be down soon, shut it mister. No woods today. Understand?"

Chase held his hand to his head, giving a salute, "YES MA'AM!" Jenni rolled her eyes.

"Chase!" Ariel squealed and hugged him, "I've missed you!" Chase grinned and petted her hair, "Missed you too, Ariy."

Jackson tugged on Chase's leg, "Hello down there to you too Jackson." Chase laughed as Jackson then crawled away.

"Fink! How's summer? Excited when fall comes?" Chase said as he sat next to Fink on the couch.

"S'ok I guess. I can't do anything in P.E. right, so no I rather not have school come. I'm just not ready for school to start. It's so hard.." Fink trailed off and sighed. Chase smiled and shook his head, "One day you'll be great at it. Give it time Fink."

"I guess so.."
"You worry to much, like Orion. Where is he anyway?"
"Upstairs, getting ready. Got a late start. Glad we don't have school until this fall." Fink grinned at Chase and he nodded in return.

Just then Orion came downstairs and grinned, "Ready?" Chase just nodded and got up.

"Bye guys! We'll be safe, we swear!"
"Swear on what boys?" Jenni called out.
Both boys looked at each other and grinned, "LOBSTERS!" They shouted and ran out of the house laughing.

"Are we gonna go to hell Chase?" Orion asked on their little nature walk.

"Why you ask that dude?" Chase said and looked at his friend confused.

"I dunno man, sometimes life confuses me and I guess I just don't know where I'm headed yet. Do you?" Orion looked at his friend, leaning on a stick he had been walking with.

"Not sure yet dude, but we'll be best friends till the day we die."
"Promise Chase?"
"Swear on lobsters dude, lobsters."
"Chase?"
"Yea?"
"Thanks"
"For?"
"Being my best friend." Orion whispered and then both boys looked at each other.

"I think we just had a heart to heart there." Chase blurted out. Orion nodded and smiled, "I guess we did."

"Wanna go to the river?"

"Not yet, I wanna look at the woods, the monster must've done some bad stuff for it to look how it did look." Orion said.

Chase nodded and they headed to the woods lining and looked inside. Tree branches and rocks were everywhere. There was a dark, red copper color coming from a tree. It then dragged to the ground and you could make out a trail of it.

"Wonder what it is.." Orion thought out-loud.

"Let's go.." Chase said and grabbed his friends arm.

"Kay.." Orion let himself be dragged off. Stumbling with his friends long strides, they left the woods behind.

Snap! A tree limb fell from the tree and made a loud crashing sound after it was snapped. Something terrible was in those woods.

"Orion? Did you hear that?"

"Yea let's go to the river.."

"Okay Orion.." Chase said and they silently walked to the river, which was on the other side of town, away from the woods.