six.

S I X

"the baker"

Sarah's POV

SHE AND HENRY HAD BEEN TALKING FOR A WHILE, just telling each other about their lives, or making jokes. She had to admit she was enjoying that, and for the first time that day she could actually smile without it being forced. Of course, she wouldn't tell Henry about how much of a mess she was, but maybe he would find out on his own later. 

"... and what do you do for a living?" Sarah asked, resting her hand on one fist.

"I'm a baker," Henry said proudly, smiling. "I have a bakery a few streets from here."

Sarah smirked, nodding. "Sounds good," she said, and then she remembered something, about how Rosa and Gina were really stress because they still had a lot wedding planning to do, and still had to order a cake made. "Hey... I know I just met you but, can I ask you a favor?"

"Anything."

"See, my friends are getting married in a couple of months, and I don't know, could you... make the cake?"

"Are you kidding? That would be the best!" Henry said. 

"Really?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"Woah, thank you. It's just that they are really stressed and still have a lot do."

"It's okay, I totally get it."

Henry got from his pocket a white little card, which had the logo of a bakery and his name on it. He gave it to Sarah, who examined it. It also had his number and the adress of the place.

"You can contact me," Henry grinned, and looked at the hour in his phone. His eyebrows went up. "Woops. I'm late. Hey... sorry, I gotta go."

"No problem," Sarah said.

"This was nice, though. You have my number, so... if you need anything, you can call me."

Sarah put the card in her purse and waved at Henry as he exited the café. She sighed reassuringly. Maybe her luck was coming back. 

Jake's POV

THE REST OF THE DAY WAS A NIGHTMARE. First, Rosa made it clear that she knew about him and Iris, because both she and Gina had stopped talking to Jake, and they were some of their best friends, and the closest ones. Then Holt gave all of them extra work because Sarah was absent, so they had to do more paperwork. And, to top it off, Charles and Amy had also changed their attitude.

So, to sum it up, Jake felt as if he'd lost everything he had. At least he hadn't lost his job, but the precinct was different now, they were all against him. They had a reason, though, and even he hated himself for that. 

When their shift was over, Jake took the stairs to go to the lower floor, because Rosa and Gina were in the elevator and he knew it would've been uncomfortable. He was not enjoying at all that situation, there was so much tension in the air and the way his co-workers looked at him wasn't friendly like it used to be. 

He took a deep breath of cold air once he was outside. 

Sarah was in his mind all the time. It had only been one day without her by now, but still it was unbearable already. Everything reminded him of her and Jake learnt that he couldn't spend a single second without her. 

He leaned against a wall and just stared at his trembling hands, a feeling of sadness sinking in his stomach. A voice startled him, making him lift his gaze. Until that moment he discovered who was the last person he wanted to see: