thirteen.

T H I R T E E N

"reunited"

Jake's POV

FINALLY. It was over. Everything was gonna go back to normal, he would go back to the precinct, come in late and get scolded by Holt, which he weirdly missed. But, as long as it was the same old routine, he would be happy.

He and Rosa took their stuff and cleaned more or less decently the safe house. The morning was somewhat cold, yet there was a warm light that hit them through the curtains. There was a little tension between them both, but at least they didn't have to stay there anymore.

"Hey, man," Rosa said.

"Hmm?"

"Sorry if I yelled at you, I should've understood what you were going through but I guess I wasn't helping."

Jake smirked, sighing. "You don't have to apologize."

"No, I do. I know I'm not the best at it or at any kind of relationship, but... you and Sarah might be tired of this."

He got a little tense when he heard that name. Sarah. He missed her so much. Jake was surprised by Rosa, who was now hugging him, and he felt home. He could already see Charles getting excited because Jake was out of there. 

"Okay, we gotta go," said Rosa, patting his shoulder.

"Where?"

"To the precinct. Everyone's already there. Don't worry, you're not going in to work, but Holt and everyone wants to see you."

"Alright," Jake muttered.

They both finished packing their clothes and, relieved, left.

Sarah's POV

SHE KNEW JAKE WAS COMING. She was still a little anxious to see him, but above it, she really missed him. Since they'd been separated and she was at the hospital, all she could think of was how he was coping and if he was doing well. She barely even cared about her wound, which wasn't so bad after a few days. 

After Amy gave her the news that it was over, she and Sarah began to get ready to get out of the hospital. She had to stay a little more, so they waited until she was allowed to leave. Holt picked them up on Wednesday and took them to the precinct, and he was surprisingly smiling. 

"Sarah!" Charles said when they arrived. He hugged her, careful not to bother her wound. 

"I'm fine, Charles," she chuckled, rubbing his back.

"I know, but I was just so worried."

"Yeah, you should've seen him," Terry intervened, standing up to hug Sarah as well, "he wouldn't stop talking about you and Jake."

"Sounds like Charles," Sarah said.

A while after everybody greeted her, she sat down at her desk, waiting for the only person she cared about to come. She knew Jake was there when Charles screamt in even more excitement and got to his feet quickly, running toward the detective who'd just stepped out of the elevator. Jake looked a little weak, still not rested, and Sarah was sure that his hair could look better, but at least, he smiled. 

Sarah missed that smile.

"I can't believe you guys are finally here," Amy told Sarah, looking around. 

"Yeah, me neither," Sarah mumbled absently. 

Jake walked over his desk, she noticed how his tired eyes got wide in happiness. He sat down, relaxing.