0

" I hate it here"

It was the early 80s in East Los Angeles, one of those hot summer nights. Rosario Marisol Heaven De Los Reyas was staring at the ceiling watching the lights from the streets dance inside and out of the window. It has been a ritual of hers to leave her room to sneak into his even though his family loved her to pieces.

The muffled sound of cars passing by and music combined with the slight smell of mint had disgarded her cares of the world, future, present, past. It was just her on the bed watching the lights dance, living a tiny bit of her life.

"Then what are you going to do about it chica?", Rosario turned her attention to the boy laying next to her. "I'm hurt too, my home is nice", he turned away from her so all she could see was his back plus the fabric of his wife beater. Then held his chest like he was in pain.

Angel.

"Ugh you know I don't mean here, here. I mean there, outside.", tapping patterns on Angel's back he turned around to face her again. "I want to go somewhere, a place I am not given any less of a chance or doubt, where I don't get spit at just because I'm asian", studying her face through the dark he understood.

"We are human why should we be treated any differently", Angel sighed and pulled Rosario closer so her head is on his chest.

"That's some deep shit Mira"

It was just Angel and Mira. Not some tough exterior they place to protect themselves.

"It is isn't it"

just Angel and Mira.

(A/N) btw when Angel calls her Mira its pronounced just like Mira as in look in spanish. coming from Rosario middle name Mirasol. Rosario comes from filipino descendent.