1

" I hate it here I hate it here I hate it here I hate it here I hate it here"

Rosario continuously mumbled when the morning bell rang, basically telling everyone to get to class. She was stuck in the main office, which out of luck with filled with ten times the amount of people per staff ratio to help. Not even to count the cop in the room setting her anxiety on a high.

"First Angel flaked on me now I can't even get helped at the fucking office. Ayhesusmaryosep" she kept going on with her string of curses before leaving the room.

"Ms. De Los Reyes. Rosario", the young girl took a deep breathe to try to calm down and turned around to Mrs. Ortega. "If I remember correctly you had Mr. Biers right. Well this is Mr. Escalante, can you take him to your class", she simply nodded her head then motioned for Mr. Escalante to follow her.

"Not much of a talker?", the new teacher questioned the girl guiding her. " I just found it easier to not talk unless necessary, I want get my diploma then dip, quick. I learned better now after two years of public high school. Here we are ", Rosario opened the door to classroom 311.

The classroom was similar to a zoo if any random person walked by but to Rosario and the other teens in the school it was normalcies. Making her way to a girl sitting in the back of the class with thick glasses Rosario handed her pamphlets and university brochures.

"Hey girly, I figured you can make it to any one of these. Ana look they even mention scholarships big cash right there", Rosario started pointing out at each paper, trying to lend a hand of encouragement.

"Rosa you know I can't do it, I don't have the money. I don't have the support", Ana pushed the papers aside. "But you have the brains, and for support you have me. I know you want more in life then working and dying in that restaurant", the filipina put all the post secondary school in one pile and hands it back to the other. 

"Uh can we talk about sex", the blonde girl Rosario guess she never knew her existence questioned out loud. Then following by a little cheers of yeahs and yes s of encouragement."My dad has another shift for you at the restaurant later, just stop by", which she silently nodded her head.

"If we discuss sex, I have to give sex out for homework", Mr. Escalante put out which led to a roar of cheers from almost everyone in the room. Rosario simply rolled her eyes and sat down on the seat left of Ana.

"¿Entienden inglés?"

Dousing off into the view from the window, her ears perked up just a bit hearing spanish coming from their now " permanent teacher". It was defiantly a first for her to hear Escalante trying to communicate with students who the majority of the teachers gave up on even breaking the language barrier for the others.

Javier started to complain while moving towards the back of the class to give up his seat to the other's who didn't speak english. "I'll find you another seat okay?", Mr. Escalante reassured Javier. But a little wave of paper balls hit him on the way down.

" Why don't you guys pick on someone else", Rosario crumpled up a paper ball herself and threw it at the back of the main person throwing the projectiles at Javier. This had earn a few moments of silence before the said person turned to face her.

"What are you going to do about it, chink" he only muttered but she just stared him straight down while the tension rose. "Yeah that's right all bark no bite"

Jaime Escalante ignored the encounter between the two students and picked up a piece of chalk. "This is Math 1-A" The usual open conversations of how math isn't needed anymore in our society to every teacher entering classroom 311 broke out.

"I don't need no math,,,,I got my solar  calculator with my dozen donuts,,,, The bus is exact change no big deal", Rosario heard it all before and again for another time.

The school bell rang letting the girl know it was the first end of her misery in first period. Everyone else left the classroom while Rosario placed her head on the table.

"Why aren't you going with the others, I thought you said you wanted to be out of here quick", Mr. Escalante was slightly confused on how a class was so short but did understand that the bell was a get out of here sign. " Just give it a moment", Rosario raised her hand up and started counting down by her fingers for the teacher to see.

By the time all her fingers turned into a fist, everyone from the first period class was coming back to room 311, with a vice principal at their tails with a binoculars. " They rigged the bell. Those little bastards" 

"It's going to be a long day"