3

"Mira wake up"

Rosa groaned and rolled to the opposite side of her bed. " Come on Mira, you can't just hide from me we got to go ", Angel softly rattled her shoulder. "Yes I can just hide my bed is the safest place in the world" she said while covering her face.

"How about we go do that thing I was suppose go with you to do yesterday", he went to lay next to her. "Yeah right ass, I'm still mad at you by the way", she said while kicking him off her bed and throwing a pillow where his face would be if she could see through the blanket. "Get out of my room", Rosa stood up from her bed while grabbing back the pillow and started to fix her bed.

"Hey I already apologize, what else do you want from me!", Angel easily fumed and started to hit his head on the post of her bed. "Calm down anger baby I was just going to change I don't want to go to school where everyone can see my favorite care bear shirt", she gestured to her pajamas that were an oversized care bear shirt and gym shorts. "And you call me baby", Angel murmured and flopping on top of her bed again right after she finished folding over the top blanket. "Need I remind you I this is your shirt , oh Angel your forehead is red again", Rosa hit him again with a pillow under his head. " Yeah yeah okay carry on with your business", he took back the pillow and waved her off, starting to close his eyes dozing off. 

"Uh not with you in the room" she crossed her hands over her chest and rose an eyebrow at him. Angel opened his eyes again looked her once up and down then folded his hands behind his head. " It's nothing I haven't seen before" he threw her a smirk before instantly getting smacked in the face with a sweatshirt.

----

" We were four Angel, four, when will you let it go ", Rosa sighed again before resting her head on Angel's shoulder while they road the public bus to get to school. "Never I got ahead of the game and I am proud", he shrugged her off, meeting her pissed face. "It was your fault too if you didn't tell me their was a unicorn at the end of the rainbow while it was pouring, we wouldn't have gotten in trouble and had to share the tub for a bath", she started to sock his arm and took his sunglasses out of his face putting it on her own. 

"I'm sorry let's go" Rosa immediately started to rub arm in hopes of getting rid of the pain, before both of them got off the bus and started walking towards the entrance of the school. It was still the first week so their were freshman early to find their homerooms because they missed it the first day and already student zombies trying to get a very, very early start on the semester. 

Rosa walked through the halls and opened the door to the office for Angel. Before fully entering inside he took back his glasses from her. "I don't know how you see through those while you're inside", she rolled and squinted her eyes when met by the natural light coming in from the windows. "You'll get use to it. Come on let's get this over with", he huffed in return and went to sit on the bench against the wall in the office. 

"Hi is Mrs. Ortega in yet?", Rosa sent the half asleep office assistant. "First door on the left, wait let me call first", the assistant turned around for the door to be closed. Rosa sighed and distracted herself by picking up one of the many outdated brochures on the offices island. Angel constantly looking between the clock, Rosa and the door got pulled out of his looking cycle by some of the boys passing the window. One of them fell behind and saw Angel and motioned his head towards his direction outside the office. Rosa was in her own little world going through the wasted paper, so he didn't think she would mind. Angel got up and left the office.

"So what were you doing in the office, got yourself in trouble already. Not even a hour before class starts", Chuco harmlessly shoved the other boy.

 "Nah man nothing important"

----

Rosa silently strolled into the math classroom with all the updated brochures, scholarship opportunities, and already several universities begging for her to attend their school. Not bothered being the only one in the classroom beside the teacher she took a seat toward the middle but closer to the back of the room. 

"Not a morning person?", Mr. Escalante walked up to the girl and placed an apple on top of her all-seeing future papers. "Just not a good morning, you don't mind if I eat this do you?", Rosa open up to her new math teacher. "Go ahead. So what has brought your day down already other than not getting a well needed breakfast I assume", Escalante commented while the girl wiped the apple against her shirt and started to eat it.

"I never really got to eat breakfast before, and my best friend is an idiot. Plus the idiot didn't let me get anything to eat either", she released the most of her problems for the day on the teacher. "So you both must balance each other", Mr. Escalante smiled before walking back to his teacher's desk to pull something out. "What do you mean by that?", Rosa finished the apple before throwing a shot to the trashcan that landed in.

"You must be the brains while your best friend is the idiot", Mr. Escalante said while Rosa threw her head back for a laugh. "Well thats one way to put it, but he isn't entirely an idiot", she felt her cheeks redden from emitting the truth. Then he threw a granola bar towards that she caught, "That's quite an arm you have, ah don't throw it back that's for you", Rosa instinct was to throw it back thinking the extra food for her was a mistake. "Thank you Mr. Escalante", she was a little embarrassed but grateful for the gesture from the teacher.

---