Darkness: A Double-Edged Sword

When Galeem invaded, all of the Fighters present perished; however, there were others—those who chose to stay behind to fight any other necessary battles—the ones they could come home to. Here we have gathered to find spirits and hope to take down Galeem. Though, much to our horror, his wrath had spread across nearly the entire galaxy. We were only able to escape by retreating into one of the last pockets of darkness, but even that has its perils. Every day is a battle for us—knowing any of us could fall at any moment, but we must try.

Luigi—Mario's Younger Brother; To be honest, he's kind of useless.

Daisy—Princess of Sarasaland, and Peach's Echo Fighter

Ganondorf—The Great King of Evil

Young Link—The sole incarnation of Link who survived; Mature for his age.

Meta Knight—A skilled swordsman and rival of sorts to Kirby

Wario—Mario's rival; he's very stubborn, and very gross

Ike—The Radiant Hero of Legend, wielder of Ragnell, and supposed ancestor of Priam

R.O.B.—A "Robotic Operating Buddy"; Surprisingly kind.

Wolf—Captain of Star Wolf; basically a "dark" Star Fox from what I've heard

Mii Brawler—A human-like being who lives for the fight with fists

Chrom—Exalt of Ylisse, wielder of Falchion, and a great hero

Lucina—Chrom's daughter, heroine of Ylisse, and my wife

Robin—Me; Male tactician hero of Ylisse

Bowser Jr. & the Koopalings—All-around mischief makers and Bowser's top goons; I do not trust them.

Corrin—Prince and Princess of three far-off kingdoms; Have dragon's blood; be careful around Falchion.

Cloud—Member of an elite fighting force; lonesome at first, but he's since made many friends in Smash

Ridley—Archenemy of Samus Aran; possibly the most wicked one out of everyone here

Richter—Member of the Belmont clan and Simon's Echo Fighter; Surprisingly friendly and outgoing

Ken—Ryu's Echo fighter; Very competitive

Incineroar— Grandiose fiery pro-wrestler from the Alola region; Loves to be as loud as possible

—(Male) Robin

"Is everyone here?" Robin asked.

The fighters looked around before Meta Knight finally spoke up. "Only us."

"Then it seems we're the only ones left after all."

Most of the remaining fighters struggled to not show their anxiety.

"So that means...Link, Zelda...now Sheik...and even Toon Link," Young Link moved in to take out his overwhelming anger on Ganondorf, stabbing him with his sword, "WHY DID YOU SURVIVE? WHY YOU?"

But Ganondorf seemed to be rather accepting of his fate until Young Link went for his throat. He threw the child off. "Don't think you're the only one with issues here you little brat!"

"Stop," Ike ordered them, "You'll get nowhere if you fight each other."

"No!" Bowser Jr. yelled. "That can't be true! They've gotta be out there somewhere! My daddy is invincible, after all!"

Lucina chimed in, looking lovingly at her father. "Bowser Jr.'s right. Where there's a will, there's a way! We have to remain hopeful."

"What is this place?" Daisy asked.

"I don't know. But whatever it is, it's an absolute mess," Ken answered pointing to the scattered lands, "It's all dark, and creepy, and lifeless."

Robin answered. "Well remember what I said about the relationship between the Master Hands and the Crazy Hands?"

"Yeah, those hands were all Crazy, and the moment those beams came, they all retreated, just like we did. If only," Daisy began to cry, "we had found that out...sooner. Oh, Peach." Luigi moved in to console her.

The Mii Brawler brought up that he suffered a bit of what felt like a sunburn.

Meta Knight scolded him. "We're trapped in a dark realm filled with monsters, and you're worried about your skin?" though he had to acknowledge that he felt it too; they all did.

"It must be the radiation generated by all those beams," Robin postulated.

But soon, they were interrupted by a single scream from Ganondorf. Everyone looked at him. He had been impaled by a spear of darkness. Everyone gasped. Some of the other Fighters began reacting strangely as well. The first was Dark Samus, whose visor had turned a bright red. Having already fully charged up a Charge Shot in advance, she blasted the first Fighter that moved: Incineroar. Enraged, Incineroar pounced at Dark Samus and punched her in the face.

"Dark Samus, what's gotten into you?" Richter screamed. She fired a missile at him in response, but he deflected it with his whip.

Suddenly, a barrage of darkness-imbued tentacles chased after the group.

"We don't have time to go back! Everyone, run!" Wolf yelled.

"But we have to save Incineroar!" Male Corrin replied. He looked back at where the fight took place. It was too late. Dark Samus, Incineroar, and Ganondorf were all hidden beneath the mass of dark tentacles. He then heard Wolf growling due to being caught and wrapped up—Wario too. It deeply pained him, but he had to run, or did he? No, he couldn't allow himself to go berserk, not again, despite the sudden overwhelming mental pressure to do so. He followed the other survivors. Then, as if distraught that they weren't grabbing enough Fighters, the tentacles retreated. As everyone caught their breaths, the thought couldn't escape them.

"I don't get it." Cloud told everyone, "Why would they...?" He sighed. "Ugh, we may have lost the Koopalings, as well as Wario, Wolf, and Incineroar; but I guess we should just count our blessings while we have them."

"Yeah." Richter managed to wheeze out.

Luigi threw himself upon Richter's side crying, hugging him. "Richter, I'm scaaaaared!"

"There, there. You'll be alright too, I'll make sure of it," Richter said patting Luigi's head.

"R-Really?"

"Of course, for I am Richter Belmont!" Richter exclaimed striking a pose. "Now let's move!"

Everyone cheered to Richter for his confidence, strengthening their optimism and resolve.

The dark being controlling the tentacles stared through toward Galeem.

"So, he is losing his influence, ever so slightly." He turned to another duo of mysterious creatures--one humanoid, the other small, round, and adorned with a jester's hat.

"That will give us plenty of time to rise up from the ashes and smother the entire world in darkness! Hehehehe," one of them said.

"Yes, we must steel ourselves for when he is defeated."

"And what about the others?" the other asked.

"Yeah! When can we kill them?"

"Their time will come." The dark being presented the Fighters he had captured, who were now under his control. He then laughed sinisterly as he summoned another monster: Ganon.