You're Not Alone

The Fighters climbed down the reformed bluff in search of the others. There, they found a roughed-up dojo. Cloud told the others that this area was the location where they found their first Spirits and the grounds of Robin's Spirit Academy, though the building itself had been annexed by Gravity Man under the guise of a Dark Samus Puppet Fighter. Mega Man and Samus teamed up to destroy the puppet.

"This place really brings back memories. I wonder if we'll see those Spirits again. Hector, Heavy Lobster, and others; thank you."

They moved forward until all they could see was a sea of gears and eternal fog.

"Don't worry," said Samus. "I can see right through it. Follow me."

Snake glanced over his shoulder at Samus as she sorted through her visors. "Wow. That Samus has a visor for everything. My night-vision goggles have nothing on her Power Suit. Maybe I should ask her out and discuss where I can get one for myself when this is all over."

The Fighters made it through the labyrinth to a stairway of moving gears when Samus thrust her arm out in front of the others, signaling them to stop.

"Someone's here." Samus scanned each direction. "Alright Ridley, where are you?" she sneered.

Mario approached her. "It would make-a sense. We have some unfinished business."

The bounty hunter gave him a slight shove. "You can drop the charade, Mario. I get that you're trying to be the hero, but don't you remember what he did to you six months ago? You were in the hospital for days!"

Mario hadn't given it much thought since he was released. He tried to think about what happened in that room on the metal bridge. He was there with Samus, Mega Man, and Ridley, he guessed. Then out of nowhere, something took the Blue Bomber, but before Mario could warn Samus, something grabbed him and threw him upwards too; then, a loud clang, but the next thing Mario knew, he was up and at 'em like always—a little woozy, but fine. "I don't actually remember a whole lot...LOOK OUT!"

With Mario's help, Samus flinched from a lunging sword strike, but it wasn't just any sword—it was the Parallel Falchion. The perpetrator stood up through the mist and revealed herself to be a Dharkon-controlled Lucina.

Samus thanked Mario despite the sacred blade chipping at her shoulder armor. "It would've been a lot worse if you hadn't warned me!"

"No problem, Sammy."

"You don't get to call me that."

The possessed Lucina's eyes flared with murderous intent as she readied to attack the Fighters again.

"Your mother and father...are dead, tiny one. Hehehehehe. Hehahahaha. And now it is your turn...to DIE!"

She threw herself into combat with a wrathful scream, ready to stab and slice through anyone and everyone who got in her way—even Chrom

"Lucina!"