Dawn's Last Stand

"This is it, guys," Female Robin declared, "Our theory was correct; it only made sense it would be on the other side of the world."

Luigi recognized this time and place. It was only a matter of time before Galeem's attack was just about to hit them. 

("Robin! Call off the attack! We have to get-a out of here!")

She ignored him. Even when he placed his hands on her shoulders and shook her to get her attention, her coat didn't change with his movements. It's like he wasn't even there.

("Peach! Daisy! Wario! Richter! Anyone!")

Behind her stood every Fighter that hadn't already gone to face Galeem—plus Death, who turned around and spoke. "You, you shouldn't be here."

("T-The same could be said about you.")

"Hehehe. Foolish child, I am always present when I am called." Death snapped his fingers as if cueing Galeem's beams of light. All the other Fighters around them were instantly vaporized. Their screams echoed in the wind.

("No! Nrgh! Where did these chains come from? I can't move! Why am I all...blue? Where are my legs?! Am I even still me?")

"Still in denial of your passing into the afterlife, eh? I came to see the light take them. But you, you are already forever bound unshakably to me; my personal slave. Don't you remember? This is your reality."

("Get your scrawny skeletal hand off my face

("Get your scrawny skeletal hand off my face.")

"Aw, tears. You're definitely up there among my favorites. Hm...Now, what was your name again? 

("My name is-!")

"That doesn't matter for someone as useless and inconsequential as you. I'm sure everyone's already forgotten it anyway." Death yanked the chain attached to a brace fastened around Luigi's neck.

("Ngh!")

Luigi rose from a hectic session of sleep, muttering "I'm alive." over and over. Nino, Ike, R.O.B., and the Corrins heard him screaming, came to his presence, and coached some deep breaths for him.

"What happened, Luigi?" Nino inquired with a worried look on her face.

"I dreamt...We were all about to conduct our assault on the creatures of light and darkness, when...He came...that thing that's been chasing us: the Lord of Darkness!" Luigi began to gasp in short breaths again. 

"It was only a nightmare," Ike noted, "Given what all's happened recently combined with your timid nature, and particularly vivid dreaming, I can't say I blame you. Still, we can't have you falter due to an anxiety attack. If anything happens, let us know, so we'll do what we can in case you get nervous again. That's a promise."