Shadows Cast upon the Sacred Land

We seem to have run into a dead-end, and the last several Spirit expeditions have come up empty. Worst of all, still no sign of the other fighters, or escape. We've decided to leave this part of the realm today after training.

—(Male) Robin

"Alright, everyone. First up, R.O.B. and Dash Bowman vs. Daisy and Lurchthorn!"

R.O.B. started off the match by launching a Gyro, only to be countered by Daisy's turnip attack. The rest of the bout was a close match, but ultimately, R.O.B. and Dash won the bout.

The Fighters cheered on and celebrated R.O.B.'s victory.

Daisy sulked in defeat, petting Lurchthorn. "Aw Lurchthorn don't worry. We'll get them next time." The nature-loving creature orbited around her making a noise that resembled purring.

Luigi turned towards Daisy to congratulate her, but then she suddenly turned into a living statue. He rubbed his eyes and let out a confused "Huh?"

She recognized his voice and gave him a smile, but the next time Luigi blinked, he saw the statue again in her place, only now she also had glowing red eyes and snakes for hair. Additionally, Lurchthorn was now a colossal scaly snake and it was hissing at him. 

He shrieked and ran away from them

Daisy cried out to her crush. "Luigi, wait!"

"S-stay, stay away from me!" he screamed.

Daisy stood in the same spot confused, asking herself if it was something she said.

Several of the Fighters knew that something was up, but they couldn't talk him out of fleeing the scene. Ike requested that someone go look for him immediately.

Richter volunteered, having a feeling that he knew what caused Luigi to run off.

Ike told the others that the three of them would meet up with the rest at their entry point in the Dark Realm. He notified Richter that he wanted to tell him something before he left. "Richter."

"Yeah, Ike?"

"I'm sure you know that the Original 12 are held in the highest regard by just about everyone in the kingdom, and he's the only one we've got left. Not to mention, I feel as if there's something wrong with him; like he has some sort of underlying trauma—one that extends past this whole incident itself. He seemed to be sad a lot when I first got here, but during the fourth league, I heard not a day went by when he didn't smile, even if I didn't see it. He was so kind, vibrant, and full of life. I asked a lot of the others about it and they all miss the old Luigi too. We have to make sure he's safe at all costs, for all of our sakes and our morale. I'll stay here so you two will know where to find me."

"Ike, I can't in good conscience let you wait out here by yourself. I'll find Luge in no time; nothing to it. I've been helping out Simon and Mario with anything that comes up for quite a while now. Of course, I've had to take up their efforts all on my own, but that doesn't change a thing." Richter left in pursuit of Luigi.