4. The Scent of a Genocider

Makoto informed the others on what he had witnessed. The realization that Aoi and Hiro were dead suddenly stuck him. He went quiet.

Ryota' s hands shook slightly, "oh no..."

"Their... dead?" Komaru's voice fell to a shocked whisper, "...Really?"

Makoto nodded. He didn't want to think about it either but what good came from hiding the truth? It only avoided the inevitable pain.

While Komaru didn't really know Aoi and Hiro, she had learned about them from their close friends and family. She also knew that they had been close friends of Makoto's. She couldn't help but be sad too. Even if it was less than Makoto's pain, it was probably better than pretending the deaths meant nothing to her.

Makoto felt Komaru put a hand on his shoulder.

"We'll make it out of here. For them."

Komaru's words were unexpected, even Komaru was surprised at what she was saying.

"Aahahha have you finally decided to be useful for once? Be quick about it! I have to go find Master!" Genocider sneered, but they ignored her.

"I know we will. I can feel it. But... we can't give up... right? You used to say that all the time to them, right? So listen to yourself for once! Let's find Byakuya and Kyoko!" Komaru cheered Makoto on.

"Let's get Master back!" Genocider yelled, and dove out into the hall.

Makoto was slightly moved by Komaru's statement. He smiled and stood up.

"I suppose you're right, I have been a bit of a downer." He closed his eyes and sighed, "I'll make sure to change that. Can't have my sister stealing my Super Highschool level Hope title, can I?"

"No, so let's get a move on!" Komaru had unusual positivity for her personality. She knew that Makoto was way better at these things than her, but she was upset to see him so sad. She had to do something.

As they walked cautiously through the halls, they came across body after body. All the people who had been killed became apparent. Even though they knew more than half the people had died, seeing it was almost insane.

"I smell master! Oh ho ho! I'd know that sexy smell anywhere!" Genocider giggles maniacally, "Follow me! Or don't, if that's what you want!"

Without warning, Genocide Jill ran off down the hallway. Komaru and Ryota began to run after her, but Makoto shouted out.

"Guys! I can't run, Remember!" He held up his wrist where the bracelet gleamed in the light.

"Oh yeah- sorry Makoto!" Komaru ran back over and picked Makoto up, quickly sprinting back to follow Genocider, "Your very light, you know that?"

"Uh... I was unaware..." Makoto Murmured sheepishly.

"Don't worry master, I will save you!" Genocider hissed, running along the hallway, "I won't let anyone kill you but myself!"

They ran on and on. Then suddenly Genocide Jill came to a stop outside of a wooden door. Komaru almost ran into her.

"He's insideeeeee~" Genocide Jill squealed happily.

"Then why don't you just open the door already?" Komaru asked, slightly annoyed.

"I'm listening in- don't rush me!" Genocider snapped back. She pressed her head to the crack between the door and the wall. Everyone waited a moment.

"Hear anything?" Komaru questioned impatiently.

"No, geez, stop being so childish."

They waited a bit more.

Genocide Jill gasped, "There are three people inside!"

"Three? Who?" Makoto slid off Komaru and he walked closer to the door.

"Master, the Detective and Crazy Katana guy." Genocider responded.

"Munakata?" Makoto's eyes widened, "That's not good..."

Komaru stiffened and stared at the door, "What are they talking about?"

"Well, they aren't really talking, but something about 'reveal who the traitor is or I'll kill you' I think."

"We gotta get them out of there!" Ryota spoke up for the first time, "Who knows what Munakata might do..."

Genocider ripped the door open, the others barely had time to glance into the room before she was whipping out her scissors and laughing maniacally.

This was a mistake, as a familiar katana had been flung straight at Genocider. She managed to evade decapitation easily, and rushed for Munakata's head.

But Munakata was behind her now, and he had another sword in hand. He raised it above his head, ready to strike.

"Toko! Behind you!" Komaru shouted out, though not moving to help her friend.

Genocide Jill managed to somehow flip around in mid air to face Munakata. She lightly hit the floor, pointing another one of her scissors at him.

Makoto made a move to help Toko, but a hand stopped him from moving forward.

"Mitarai...? What are you doing?"

Ryota motioned for Makoto to be silent.

"Toko Fukawa," Munakata stated. He held his katana out, ready to strike if necessary, "You've been rather busy, correct? Sneaking off on helicopters to prove yourself to the foundation, deceiving others just so you could become a member."

Genocide Jill glared at him, "I have no idea whatsoever about what your talking about. I just want to get Master out of harm's way."

Munakata glared back, "You're pathetic. Killing just because someone prevents you from seeing Byakuya Togami. Perhaps you're so keen to protect him because he's the mastermind? Are you a remnant of despair like the rest of them?"

Genocider was infuriated at Munakata, " Don't you dare call master a remnant! He would never do something like this to me! Now I hope you can dance well, because I am going to cut your life short, pretty boy!" She laughed crazily before whipping out more scissors.

Munakata rushed forward at Genocide Jill, katana help out in front of him. She jumped above him and kicked his head before she could be harmed. Munakata grunted but quickly recovered and swung his sword around so he was facing her again.

This time he kept his blade high while lunging at her. She held her scissors over her head, blocking the blade from a fatal strike, but Munakata was strong, and Genocider grip was wavering.

She kicked him off of her and threw her scissors at him before he could regain his balance. One of them sliced his right shoulder, the other one grazed his arm.

He regained his balance swiftly and threw himself at Genocide Jill with all his might. She didn't have enough time to grab her scissors before he had shoved the blade into her face.