Night-Hunting (Part Two)

Since Co Hui was looking at the ground while caressing his chin he didn't notice the surprised stares at him, the first one to react was Huang Xinyi who agreed to him. "Yeah right, even though Lan Sect has the money to do so I wouldn't bet they will do something as reckless as this." Huang Shunyuan's eyes widen when Chen Chenguang stared at them sharply with killing intent.

He turned at Huang Xinyi with a warning. "Xinyi!"

"What?"

Unfortunately, Huang Xinyi and Huang Shunyuan understood the atmosphere in the wrong way. The silence that lingered to the air has a deeper meaning. The nightmare Li Changpu did not wish to happen is unfolding in front of his own eyes. "Did you hear the exact same thing that I heard?" Chen Chenguang asked, sharply staring at Co Hui whose face was still looking at the ground.

"It must be an evil being making a noise." Li Changpu said with his blank voice, as usual. Co Hui was quite insulted but he kept his mouth shut as he continued to think.

Huang Xinyi interjected, "What do you mean? What are they talking about?" Huang Shunyuan can't help but agree with the younger Huang Disciple at his side.

"Co Hui," Called by the man at his side which is Lan Chaun.

"Eh...? How did you know my name?" As Co Hui asked that question he faced the taller man at his side raising his head. Lan Chaun couldn't help but stare at his face, Co Hui swore that he saw that the taller man enlarge his eyes briefly. It then turned into his usual cold and stiff face.

That's when Chen Chenguang started to move forward that made Co Hui hide at the taller man's back. "Now, Now, I swear that I am hearing my friend's voice." The tone Chen Chenguang was threatening to Li Changpu's ear making him alerted when the man is only five-step away from them. "Let me see that person." He ordered.

Lan Chaun didn't budge as he stood noiseless, protecting or perhaps, hiding the man at his back. Instead, the man changed the topic. "The Lan Sect will return the exact number of spirit-binding nets that had been destroyed." He said that without any emotion, his voice light.

Chen Chenguang scoffed, "No need." His voice then declared. "I'll take that person as soon as possible." He chose the opposite direction and walked down calmly. The man who had come from the forest followed behind him, pulling a long face because he knew that it'd be impossible to escape a lecture when he returned.

After their figures disappeared, Huang Xinyi spoke, "How could the Vice Sect Leader Chen act like this?"

On the other Huang Shunyuan properly greeted, "Young Master Co, we meet again. Our senior said that he wishes to talk to you and apologies for his action."

Co Hui frowned upon remembering the scene again before replying, "Tell him that it's okay." Of course, it is not okay, and will never be okay. He was just making an excuse so that he won't go and see that man again.

Not long after that Lan Chaun spoke again, "Do your tasks," The command was simplistic and clear, without any fancy vocabulary for decoration. Co Hui thought the order is for the three juniors. Li Changpu, Huang Shunyuan, and Huang Xinyi but why would Huang Sect disciple take an order from a person, not at their clan? Not long after that more juniors from Lan Sect emerged from the dark making the order for all of them.

The juniors finally remembered the reason behind why they came to Matti Mein Dabana Mountain. They gathered their thoughts and respectfully waited for further instructions. After a moment, Lan Chaun spoke again, "Do what you can. Don't force anything."

The voice was deep and alluring. If one was too near, the tip of their heart would tremble. The juniors replied mannerly, afraid to linger for too long, and walked into the depths of the forest. Co Hui thought that, undeniably, Chen Han, and Lan Yongrui were extremely different from each other. Even their advice for juniors was the complete opposite. While thinking, he suddenly saw Lan Chaun give him a brief stare before looking away. He was quite surprised.