An end ?

Taani was stunned by Rey's action. She didn't know what made Rey this weak.  At the moment, all she could see was a broken Rey, crying in her arms. Without any further thinking, she hugged him back. The hug was full of love and selflessness. Both of them need it. Seeing him in pain made her eyes moist on its own. With great difficulty, she parted from the hug and made him sit on the nearby bench. She kneeled down in front of him and slowly asked, "Are you alright Rey ? I'm really sorry, I didn't want to make you feel guilty. Please don't cry, I cannot see you like this". Whatever may be the status of their relationship, the man infront of her was a very important part of her life. His tears were the last thing she wanted to see. Rey lifted his head and saw her, all he could see was her pure love for him. He could see his pain reflecting in her eyes. He didn't know if he even deserved her selfless love. He needed no assurance, he just took her hands in his and blurted out every truth starting from his dilemma of her being so dependent on him, his fear of what would happen to her without him and his stupid idea of faking a break up to make her independent and think about her career.

There was a dreadful silence. Taani was feeling a volcano of emotions. The breakup was fake.  The hateful words he said for her was a lie. He still loved her. All the pain she has been undergoing was for a lie ?. She wanted to scream. She couldn't believe it was Rey who did this immature drama instead of talking with her. Rey was always a rational person with clear thinking then what made him this irrational. She left his hands and sat down on the grass from her kneeling position. Her thinking got clouded, she just sat there closing her eyes with tears rolling on.

Rey immediately sat down near her and pleaded, "I am really sorry Taani, I know I did a big mistake, please forgive me. I did this only for your good taani. I really love you a lot". Taani did not respond anything. Rey kept pleading her and finally after a couple of minutes. Taani asked, "Did you really think I would come back to you so easily after you reveal this truth to me? You have all rights to decide if you want me in your life or not Rey, but you have no rights to take decisions of my life on my behalf. It is for me to decide what I want me to do with my career. Yes, if u had talked to me instead of this drama, I would have definitely taken your suggestion Rey. Was your decision because of our conversation in rehearsel hall ? It is only with very few people in our life, we can talk without thinking, without the fear of being judged, I always taught you were one such person, but all these days were you just judging me? How could you belittle me so much? If u can't accept me the way the I am, then there is no meaning of our love Rey". Taani's words passed as a sword through his heart, he finally understood what stupidity he has done. He felt so little. Seeing Rey filled with guilt, taani composed herself and said, "It's ok Rey, Lets forget all the bitter past and move on". Rey was elated, he couldn't believe his ears but his happiness was short-lived as he heard her next words, "May be we are not meant to be Rey".

Rey immediately responded, "No taani, I can't be without you, the past one week was the worstest phase of my life. Trust me, I realised my mistake, I promise I will never judge you or force my decisions on you. Please don't leave me. I love you taani, I really do." Looking into his eyes, Taani said, "Calm down Rey, it is not just about love, I know you enough, I can never doubt on your love. But I am tired Rey, tired of being only swayam's sister and Rey's girlfriend.  I have an identity beyond that. I need a break, a break to focus on me. I can't complain about people taking me for granted when I myself have been doing that to me. You are right Rey, I never thought anything beyond you, I never thought once before leaving my family and friends back in Jodhpur for you, I never thought before faking my relationship with shivam for you, you never asked me for these but when it comes to you I lose my ability to think straight. I thought you as my everything Rey, all I want to see is your happy face. You were my passion Rey. My dream was not just to be marry any random person and become a homemaker. My dream was to marry "YOU" Rey, I wanted to give you a happy family, I wanted to take care of you, I wanted to share all your happiness and sadness. I wanted to grow old with you and die in your arms. You hold a lot of importance in my life Rey. But all these doesn't make any sense when you yourself don't want any of these. The least I expected from you was to atleast share your feelings with me but not any more. I really want to move on leaving all these thoughts beyond and think about me Rey, atleast I will not be let down this time. I know you will understand Rey, afterall, that is what you wanted." All the pain hidden inside taani oozed out finally in form of words. Rey always knew Taani loved him crazily, but today he realised the depth of her love. He begged god to reverse time so that he could fix his stupid mistake. He wanted to gain back the trust of his broken angel. He wanted to live the life taani dreamt for them. "One chance taani, one last chance please, I promise I will fix everything. Please don't leave me. I am incomplete without you, I need you taani, please" Rey pleaded her, he could feel his life falling apart. "No Rey, please don't make this difficult for me, after ages, I have finally thought about me. It is not easy for me but trust me I want to build back my confidence, I am tired of people looking down on me. I want to gain back my self-respect Rey, I want to be selfish this time. I am not leaving st.louis or mumbai Rey, I am still here, I will always be there for you but as a friend this time. We can be friends Rey but only if you want" Taani words held a lot of determination. She never felt this confident lately but talking about her feelings did give a lot of peace inside her. How much ever he wanted to disagree, Rey knew he has lost his old taani and no one but him was to be blamed for that. He promised himself that whatever happens, he will win her back this time. He will make her fall in love with him all over again. "You can never be just my friend Taani, you are much more than that, but if now all you want is my friendship, you will get that, Friends?" Rey asked with his hands held out, a smiling taani clasped his hands immediately repling "Friends".

As both of them left for their home, they had a much more clarity and determination. One had the hope of new life and dreams and the other had the hope of mending his love and winning her back.

Ps: Their friendship was an inspiration from webisode😂 I thought of wrapping this story with this part but it will have 1 or 2 more parts as when it comes to taarey I lose count of words 😅😅