The road to self-discovery - part 1

"To fall in love with yourself is the best secret to happiness."  - Robert Morley

Taani always thought life was all about loving and living for others. First time, she realised the importance of loving herself, it has been 3 months after the conversation with Rey, life has changed in many ways, but for good. St.Louis won NDC under her captaincy. She managed to maintain a very cordial relationship with every member of the dance team. The whole team started to respect her as  a person and she earned that respect this time. They were amazed by the mutual understanding Rey and Taani shared inspite of their breakup. She was proving herself to be the best GS that st.louis had. As a GS, she realised, st.louis was not only about the dance team, there were many more students with budding talents in different fields. Her best achievement was organising an intercollege talent fest in st.louis. The talent fest had many events starting from sports, dance to drama and the best 3 talents in each criteria won a scholarship. The 2 of the 3 scholarships in dance were won by Bharat and Neha. Like other members of dance team, they were not from a very priviliged family and this scholarship meant a lot to them. On winning the scholarship, they had hugged taani whole heartedly with moist eyes for motivating them. Taani was no more a charity case for others. She was always welcomed with beaming smiles and greetings by fellow students in college. She was the friendliest GS ever which made many students to approach her easily.

Taani still didn't find one single field to call as her passion but she was on the right path. She started to find happiness in her day-to-day work. She had joined the elocution club of her college. It gave her a lot of confidence and great friends. She found a best friend in Shreya, one of the elocution club member. They shared an amazing bonding. Taani's stress buster activities like cooking, baking, cleaning, organizing were back in her life. She was immensely happy in her path to self-discovery.

While Taani was unvieling the new phase of her life, Rey was finding it very difficult to manage his life. He was always used to attention, one person who used to give her 100% attention to him, obviously taani, was missing from his life. Adding to that, two of his best friends swayam and sharon were officially in a relationship, which meant they didn't have much time to spare for him. He did have his other friends but there was an emptiness in his life. Two things which kept his sanity were dance and his AGS duties. It was only during his AGS duties, he could spend a lot of time with taani. It was not that taani was ignoring him, they did talk regularly through phone or in-person but mostly their conversation were interrupted either by her GS duties or by her new friends.

One fine day, as there was no class, the dance team were planning to go on a group date with their partners but they quickly regretted and dropped the idea realizing Rey's relationship status. However, Rey convinced them to go without him. They didn't agree but after a lot of persuading by Rey stating that he had lots of AGS studies to attend, they gave in. Taani came to know about their plan from swayam. She felt very bad for Rey. She knew how much ever he pretended, he wouldn't be fine. She started searching for him in the entire college.

*In fire exit*
Rey thought it wouldn't be a great deal to be alone for a single day, but it turned out to be very difficult for him. That day gave him a lot of realizations. He realized how lonely taani would have felt every single day. He also realized how his friends amazingly managed both their relationship and friendship. It was only him who always messed up his relationship for friendship. He was missing taani badly. He was regreting many of his decisions. His thoughts were broke when he felt someone sitting near him. He turned to see the person whom he was missing dearly. Taani was sitting near him and smiling. "What Rey, I have been searching for you for past 10 minutes and you are sitting here and day-dreaming?", Taani complained cutely. Before he could respond, she asked, "Rey, if you are not busy, can we go out for lunch ? You know I am very hungry and I don't want to eat the same boring food from canteen". Rey's heart melted by her efforts to make him happy. He knew she was very busy, but like always she prioritized him. He wondered if he would have done the same for her. The love and respect he had for her multiplied many times.

One day, Rey and Taani were in projector room doing some official work. Rey as usual was drooling over taani in between their work. Taani got a call from an unknown number, she casually attended and talked to the person on the line but all of a sudden, she became nervous. She mumbled a thank you and kept the phone. A worried Rey asked, "what happened taani ? Who was it ?".

P.s.: any guesses what was the call about ?