The road to self discovery - part 2

One day, Rey and Taani were in projector room doing some official work. Rey as usual was drooling over taani in between their work. Taani got a call from an unknown number, she casually attended and talked to the person on the line but all of a sudden, she became nervous. She mumbled a thank you and kept the phone. A worried Rey asked, "what happened taani ? Who was it ?". Taani just kept blinking at Rey without replying. Rey was now scared, he slightly jerked her asking her what happened. Coming back to reality with a big smile and excitement taani replied "can you believe it! we go an event Rey, OMG! I ll inform Shreya. She will be very happy". Rey had no clue of what event taani was talking about. Taani was busy talking and rejoicing with her friend in phone.

After ending the call, taani saw a confused Rey looking at her and realised she had not disclosed the entire news to him. "Care to explain?", Rey asked. Taani nodded and replied "For the past few months, we have been helping people in planning and organizing small birthday parties and meetings, event management, but in a very small scale. One of our client was very impressed with our work last time. He had recommended our name to one of his friends and now they want us to plan an event for a startup of nearly 250 employees. I'm very excited Rey". Rey was pleasantly surprised. "Have you been doing this all alone?" he asked. "Ofcourse not Rey, Shreya and my other friends are helping me out. We are a team. They were my pillar of support for the past 2 months. Without them, I would have done nothing" Taani said proudly about her friends.

Rey was very happy but one emotion overpowered the happiness, he was hurt, extremely hurt that taani didn't care to share such a big event of her life to him. The fact that all her new friends knew about her more than him made him feel unimportant. "You have been doing this all these months and didn't feel it important to share with me. Your so called friends knew about it but not me? Or you felt it unnecessary to inform me as we are not in a relationship. I'm pretty sure, you would have not said me all these even now if you have not received the call in my presence." Rey snapped at her. Taani became silent. All the excitement got wiped off from her face. "No Rey, nothing like that, why would I hide anything from you ? We were doing very small events Rey, I felt it was nothing very important to inform you. This big event was really an unexpected surprise." Taani defended.

"Unimportant ! Really taani ? Every damn thing about you is important to me. Understand?" Rey shouted at her. Taani lost her cool and sarcastically asked, "Really? From when did things about me became very important to you? Last time I checked, you didn't even have time for me. For your kind information, event management is not something I started to do after your "fake breakup". I have been planning events even before that. To be precise, it was something I loved to do back in Jodhpur. Even when we were in relationship, I had been doing these. When you had no time to know about my interests then, how do you expect me to open up to you now? How do I believe that you will not judge me now? When I was giving my full attention to you, you had problem in that, now when I'm giving you space and focusing on my career, you have problem in that too. I'm not a freaking doll to operate as per your wish Rey." Rey didn't expect this outburst from taani. He had no idea that taani had hidden so much pain inside her. He realized how judgemental he had been to her. Unable to meet her eyes, Rey quickly left the projector room. Taani regreted her words, she knew she was at fault this time but the truth is, despite her efforts, she was unable to be her old self and trust him anymore. No matter how hard we try, oneday or the other a broken heart oozes out its pain unless it is healed.

Rey dashed inside the rehearshal hall and fell on his knees and cried. He felt all the events of their life repeating again but will roles reversed this time and it gave him a big time realisation of his behaviour with taani in the past. He had thought everything was going to be normal between them but today's event made him realise the gravity of the wounds he gave her. His actions had questioned her self respect. He wondered if taani would ever trust him like before. "No! I can't give up like this. I know I made a lot of mistakes. I can repent my whole life for it but I can't let her go. I love you a lot taani. I am really sorry, I know I have always taken you for granted. I promise I will get you back and gain your trust." Rey assured himself.

Composing himself, Rey went back to projector room. He saw a very restless taani trying to organize the files fallen in the ground but failing badly. He bent down and started helping her. Taani lifted her head and saw Rey. She didn't expect him to comeback again. Normally, he never came back to her after their arguments. It was always her who took the first step. "I'm really sorry taani" Rey whispered with guilt. Taani immediately responded, "No Rey, I'm sorry. I should have said all these to you way before. I promise I didn't want to hide it. There were a lot of things going these days, Gs work, club activities, exams and now additionally these events, I got messed up in all these Rey". Deep down, her situation today made taani realise the struggles Rey would have faced in the past while juggling between her and his duties. "It's ok. Leave it taani, what have you planned for this event. Tell me more about your interests, I'm curious to hear" Rey asked her with excitement. Taani was surprised, she immediately took her laptop and started showing him the pictures of their past events and happily briefed him about their future plans. For the first time, Rey started making efforts to understand taani without any judgements. His efforts did break down the walls she had built around her.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jul 24, 2020 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Falling In Love All Over Again - A Taarey Osजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें