Chapter 10: "Yeah, I like girls"

Jojo's P.O.V

I've been at the cabin with Harper for about an hour now. Though I offered to cook, Harper refused and decided that she was going to make us both macaroni. So now I'm just sitting outside on the balcony, hoping to god that Harper doesn't light anything on fire. It's pouring rain out here, but the balcony is thankfully covered well. As I watch the trees blow back and forth with the wind, there's one thing on my mind. That one thing is something that nobody except Willow knows. It's that I'm in love with Harper. Yes, I, Jojo Siwa, am gay. I get messages on Instagram all the time, asking me about my sexuality and if I like girls. They're always joking though, asking as a joke. If only they knew that their joke wasn't actually a joke. Their joke is my life. 
I never wanted to tell anybody. After all, there wasn't a chance that Harper could like me back anyway, she's always so avoidant of looking at me. Willow somehow knew though, and now she and Kyle have created some plot to get us together. Even though I feel hopeless, I still have the slightest bit of hope that it will succeed, and if it does, then I can spend the rest of my life with the person I love the most.
So far though, their plan has proved to be somewhat stupid. Yes, the idea to go on a hike and leave us alone wasn't a bad idea. But they seemed to have forgotten to check the weather, because now they're having their "hike" in pouring rain. I decided to text Willow:

Jojo: Hey, it's raining pretty hard. Are you good?

Willow: Yeah, we never actually went hiking. We're eating pizza at the Mod about a mile south.

Jojo: any tips for me?
Jojo: About you know what.

Willow: No matter how bad Harper's cooking is, don't complain. Pretend it's the best thing you've ever tasted.

Jojo: Will do

Willow: Watch the movie. It's pretty gay.

Jojo: Okay 👍

"The macaroni is ready!" Harper called from the kitchen. Upon walking in, I noticed that the smell was normal. Looking into the pot, it seemed that Harper had indeed learned to cook basic macaroni.
"This smells amazing!" I told her happily, and I wasn't even lying.
Spooning the macaroni into bowls, we grabbed the DVD of "Call me by your name" and went outside.

"The windiness out here adds to the movie." Harper told me thoughtfully, as the movie began playing. Though the movie was slow, it honestly was beautiful, and as Harper said, the rain added to it. Soon enough, there was a gay part, and without even thinking I asked Harper,
"Do you think he's gay?"

Harper looked uncomfortable, and slowly replied,
"I think so. I'm pretty sure this film is about him exploring his sexuality."

Thinking that I had badly messed up, I stayed silent for a moment, but then realised that this might be a good chance to see what Harper thinks about gayness.
"Yeah, I think that's really cool." I told her.

"Oh?" Harper said, looking down with embarrassment.
"Well.... ummmm," She held the umm for almost a minute. " Do you think people questioning their sexuality is ummm cool?"

"Yeah Totally!" I replied, thinking everything was going better. "I've had experience with that."
......
What the heck did I just say. No, no, no. I shouldn't have said that! Why wasn't I thinking, Harper's probably all creeped out.

I looked over at Harper, expecting her to be mad or something, but instead, she was staring right at me. Her brown eyes were wide with happiness. She took a deep breath, and then asked,
"Do you like girls?"

My heart was beating over the speed limit. I could feel my face turning as red as my shirt. I don't know what to say. What if she calls me creepy if I tell her the truth. Well, it's now or never. I'm telling her now, the situation is too perfect.

"Yes." I slowly told her, shielding my face away so she wouldn't see how red it was. She saw though, and quickly continued,
"Oh sorry, that question probably sounded kinda creepy."

"Nah, it's fine." I said, and seizing my opportunity I continued, "What about you?"

Despite the coolness she had exhibited during the last few sentences, she started blushing as well, and replied
"Yeah, I like girls too."

"Do you... like anyone in particular?" I asked slowly. In response she stared into my eyes, and I stared back into hers. Her beautiful brown eyes were full of happiness and wonder. Before I even knew what was happening, I had pulled her into a kiss. This is the happiest moment of my life.