Smoky Trees

Dear Explorer

Re: Smoky Trees

Today I stumbled upon a small collection of Smoky Trees. I was in the Great Plains and thus to avoid the ferocious winds, Nobbles and Giant Chihauhaus I was looking for shelter. Clumps of trees in this region are sparse, and very far in between. Typically one looks for normal trees but I wasn't too mad, and so I settled down for a nap amongst the Smoky Trees. When I awoke, the sneaky trees had moved (Smoky Trees are capable of moving), and I was lying in the middle of a plain field, vulnerable to attacks from Nobbles, and Giant Chihahaus! Can you imagine? So, cleverly, I tracked them by the small traces of soot that they leave behind (Smoky Trees are continuously on fire from when they reach maturity, but it is a very slow fire, and is maintained throughout their life: hence the name: Smoky Trees). I found the silly trees, and that's when they attacked. They are skittish, and so I knew that they might. Luckily, I had bought marshmallows with. Smoky Trees are incredibly afraid of marshmallows because they know that humans typically use wooden sticks to roast them over fires. The problem for Smoky Trees is that they are already on fire, and thus if exposed to any other fire they burn much faster, and die very quickly. They are afraid of marshmallows because they think they may be used as the sticks for which to roast them. I used the marshmallows to corner the small group agaisnt a rocky outcrop, and then explained that they only need shelter me for the night and then I would be on my way. They agreed, and I slept very soundly that night.

Regards

Craig Dean Anderson III
Adventurer, Explorer and Romantic

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jan 01, 2015 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

The Whimsical Adventures Fantasticalजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें