Chapter 4

* 6 unread messages*

* 7 unread messages *

"Taehyung, switch off your phone or just block the number, already. Not concentrating gets on my nerves the most, and I won't repeat my words. This is your last warning," Hoseok blurted, frustration and annoyance clear in his voice and glare that could pierce anyone's soul.

"C-Calm down, Hoseok," Yoongi scratched the back of his neck, wiping his sweat in the process.

The tension in the air was slowly building up when Taehyung chose to not reply and look at Hoseok instead in disapproval.

* 8 unread messages *

"Outside," Hoseok instructed as soon as he heard another buzz from Taehyung's phone, feeling both displeasure from Taehyung's reaction and sorry for kicking the younger out.

Silently, Taehyung turned the other way, marching to his phone and picked it up then exited the room after glancing at Jimin, who was giving him a concerned look.

"You didn't need to be that cruel, Hoseok," Namjoon said, scratching the bridge of his nose as he avoided eye contact with him.

"Our comeback is near, RM, and in the last few days, his mind seems to be elsewhere," Hoseok protested while crossing his arms with his fingers tapping his forearm.

"Just 4 days," Jimin mumbled.

"Excuse me, did you say something, Jimin?" Hoseok's eyes darted to Jimin, who approached the nearby staff member to take from him a towel.

"I was saying that Taehyung wasn't acting himself for just 4 or even 3 days. There is no need to make a big deal out of it," Jimin snapped at his hyung, defending Taehyung whom he thought was having a hard time lately.

Hoseok took a quick glance at the others to see them all looking away whenever their eyes meet. Reading the mood in the room, Hoseok walked out, followed by the groans of the remaining members.

"I will talk to him,"Yoongi directed his words to Namjoon and trailed Hoseok, who was a few steps away from the bathroom.

"Hoseok, wait!" Yoongi called out for the him and unexpectedly, he was ignored. It wasn't as if Hoseok would normally neglect Yoongi, but for some reason, Yoongi halted, feeling pushed away.

Was Hoseok insensitive? or were the others just extra-sensitive, including his ownself?

Hoseok entered the bathroom to see Taehyung drenching himself with water. It was as if he was trying to wake himself up or to get hold of himself just as Hoseok advised him.

"Taehyung-ah," Hoseok whispered, realizing the scene he made a while ago for no reason. He ruffled his hair and walked towards the younger.

"Hyung," Taehyung noticed his presence and turned off the tap. He bit his lips then added, "Sorry for earlier."

"Nah, your hyung overreacted," Hoseok smiled softly and took out some tissues for him to wipe the water on his face which was mixed with his sweat.

"Thanks hyu-"

* 9 unread messages *

Taehyung and Hoseok looked at the phone which gave out a light, showing the arrival of a new message, but then Taehyung just took the tissue, not minding the phone.

"Jimin and Jungkook told me that the sender isn't a fan. It is just a wrong number, isn't it?" Hoseok asked, questioning Taehyung's goal.

"Yeah, I guess." Taehyung threw the tissue in the trash then held his phone, staring the displayed message '9 unread messages.'

"Why aren't you telling them the truth?" Hoseok pushed the conversation to a further level. He was determined. He must know what ideas were getting in Taehyung's head.

"They already know actually. I, on the other hand, don't get why they are still talking to me!" Taehyung explained as his legs moved towards the door, trailed by Hoseok, who didn't want to drop the subject, yet.

"Uh, are you sure about that, though? I believe Jimin said that you only read that the sender called the real recipient's mother," Hoseok stressed on the subject, making it obvious that he wouldn't leave Taehyung's side unless he found some progress, and Taehyung didn't mind it.

"You think so?" Taehyung said, getting his phone out of his pocket. He snuck a look at Hoseok before finally deciding to read the messages sent to him from a day ago first.

{Yesterday}

[Unknown] I called your mum. Sent 12:02✓✓

[Unknown] She said that you haven't received any of my messages. 😅Sent 12:02✓✓

[Unknown] Are you lying to her or umm Sent 12:03✓✓

[Unknown] Could it be that it is a wrong number🤨?  Sent 12:03✓✓

[Unknown] Nah, if it was, you would've said earlier.😂😂😂😂Sent 12:05✓✓

[Unknown] I bet you just don't want to admit to 'mommy.' 😁Sent 12:06✓✓

"Um, haven't you just lost the chance to admit it all."

"Yeah," Taehyung looked at Hoseok and nodded innocently.

*4 unread messages*

Dear Molars

yeah, a long chapter 😋

Yours,

Nana