Chapter 2

As I run, I make sure that my black glove is still covering my left hand and my mask is pulled over my neck and nose. I have to admit, anyone who doesn't know me would think that I was going to try to rob them.

The loud noises of crashing metal and explosions get louder. Before, I move any farther forward, I retract my audio fins, knowing perfectly well that I will probably be seen. 'What am I getting myself into?'

A clearing looms ahead of me. The scene is utterly shocking. 'Giant robots...'

I watch from behind a boulder as they fight. A red and blue bot is locked in mortal combat with a large purple and sliver one. Their speed and grace is surprising considering their sheer size. My moment of awe is swiftly broken when a giant hand closes around my body. 'Shit! This is it! I've been found!'

Like any normal person would, I try to scream, but as usual, no sound escapes my lips. I can feel the robots sharp claws digging into my good arm, the pressure of his hold already getting to me. His voice startles me when he calls out to the red and blue bot.

"Optimus! I see that you've brought one of your human pets! It would be a shame if anything were to happen to her!"

The red and blue bot who must be Optimus pauses for a mere second in his fight with the silver and purple bot, only to get a giant fist to the stomach. He falls to the ground, clutching his abdomen. His blue eyes meet the red ones of the bot holding me.

"Starscream." He growls through the mask covering his face. "Let the human go. Now!"

Starscream grins. "I will never take orders from you Prime. Besides, who's to say that I won't kill the human right now?" His grip tightens even more. I struggle to get away, but he just laughs. "There is no escape, human."

There is sudden movement behind Starscream. A bright yellow robot leaps out of the foliage and lands on the evil bot's back. I am thrown forward and out of Starscream's hand. Everything seems to be in slow motion.

The yellow bot reaches out to catch me, but he is pulled away by the winged robot he just knocked to the ground. As I fly, I hear Optimus shout, "No!" As he is thrown to the forest floor yet again.

My head makes contact with a large pine  before I hit the ground. The sound of blaster fire is the last thing I hear before I lose consciousness.

~Timeskip~

'Ugh. Why does everything hurt?'

Next to me, I can hear voices. Their tones suggest that they are concerned about something, but I don't know what. 'Are they talking about me? Why? What happened?'

As that thought runs through my head, the events of a few hours ago come flooding back. The giant robots, the fighting. I try to move from my current position, but my limbs (even my robotic ones) feel heavy. 'I have to get out of here! No one can find out. No one!'

To calm myself, I try to focus back on the voices. A girl's high pitched trill is the first I pick up on. "Can I wake her up now? What's her name? Why is she wearing a glove and a mask? What's with the thing on the side of her head? Did she get to—" "Miko!" A man's gruff voice interrupts, "I don't know when she will wake up! You can ask her all these questions when she does. Now, let me get back to my work!"

'Great. I'm gonna have to come up with some good excuses.' I think as some of the feeling comes back to my body.

I open my eyes to find that I'm in a large room with a high ceiling.

The girl's voice pierces the air once again. "Ratchet! She opened her eyes!" I hear her footsteps coming closer to me, but before she could reach her destination, an enormous hand blocks her way.