Chapter 3

My mind is racing. 'How do I even begin to tell them what I am? Fowler seems to trust them. Should I?'

Ratchet and Optimus are now standing just a few feet away, having another conversation with my government agent. Both mechs have a serious look on their faces and Optimus keeps glancing my way.

Once they are done, Agent Fowler squats down next to me. "Rain, I need you to allow Ratchet to scan you. Do you feel comfortable if I tell them how this happened to you? They have had a few encounters with your captors as well." He says calmly. I give him a worried look, but nod, granting permission.

We walk back over to Ratchet and Optimus and Fowler speaks again. "We needed everyone else out of the base for a very specific reason. Once the scan is done, her results might shock you a little."

With this, he nods to Ratchet, who brings his forearm down to my level again. A green wave of light washes over me and disappears when the scan is over. A second passes before realization hits the two mechs.

"By the Allspark!" Ratchet gasps. "How is this even possible?! Who could have done this?!"

Optimus's normally stoic expression is now gone, replaced by total disbelief. "How did this happen to you, young one?" He asks.

Their wide optics rest on me and I start to back away slowly. Fowler realizes my fear and puts a hand on my shoulder. He then answers for me. "I think that it would be good if you braced yourselves." He warns, getting mixed reactions. "Rain was captured by MECH last year. She was tortured for answers as a result of her father's classified government job. When she refused to talk, they experimented on her, fitting her with high-tech prosthetics."

"Agent Fowler!" Ratchet gapes, "You mean to tell us that MECH has successfully reproduced Cybertronian tech. Not to mention Cybertronian biotech?!"

'I guess that explains why the metal isn't something I've ever seen before...'

"Rain, can you please show them what MECH did? You don't have to if you don't want to."

I thought about refusing, but what good would that get me? They already know most of the story already.

I quickly tie my hair back into a messy bun, making sure that the silver plating of my left audio receptor is showing. I then press the small button, making the three long fins extend from it. Next, I pull off my glove and roll up the sleeve of my hoodie, exposing the metal, also silver. As I expose my robotic pieces, the eyes of the two mechs seem to grow wider, though that didn't like it should have been possible. Lastly, I roll up the leg of my joggers to just above my kneecap. I didn't take my mask off, just because I wasn't ready to reveal everything yet.

Ratchet's look of surprise hadn't faltered, but Optimus now had some look of sympathy on his face.

'I wonder if I have finally found a place that will accept me?'

~To Be Continued~