Chapter 1- And they were roommates

Jade's POV
I stood outside freezing my ass off waiting for my new roommate to arrive so the landlady could show us the apartment, it was a really cold day for August and I wished I had worn a jumper or just something other than my navy tank top and ripped black skinny jeans.

As I waited I looked around at the noisy street and watched people go about their day, not noticing me, or each other. Back in LA people noticed me, I was the scary goth girl who you didn't want to mess with. I was Jade freaking West! But here in New York everyone was different, interesting, and busy. Very, very busy. I found it weird to think that strangers all around me have lived here, worked here all their lives while I'm barely beginning mine. I got away from my parents, got a job offer and came to New York and now I'm here. Waiting in the cold for my stupid roommate!

Just as I was getting pissed off I saw the most beautiful woman walking towards me. Wow she was stunning! She walked up to me and asked if this was 231 c 39th Street and as I was confirming that it was, I realised she looked extremely familiar.

There was no way-

What in the chiz! It was Tori Vega!!
Taller, older but most definitely Tori. I swear she'd only got prettier as time went by.

Oh god what had I got into?

I noticed Tori looking at me strangely and then she gasped in what could only be surprise and recognition.

At that moment someone who I assumed to be our new landlady came out, interrupting my thoughts and whatever Tori was about to say or do.

"Hey girls, I'm Mrs Hudson" she said in a soft motherly voice "you must be Jade West and Tori Vega. Come in, I'll show you around. It's not very big but I hope you'll make yourselves comfortable."

She beckoned us in to the narrow entrance hall and up the rickety stairwell to the third floor.

"Here we go, 231 c 39th Street. A mere 20 minute walk to Broadway and a bus ride from pretty much anywhere you could need to go." Mrs Hudson explained.

I was starting to like the woman more by the minute. She seemed kind and protective and right now, I needed that more than anything. Especially if I was about to move in with Tori.
Because living with her was going to drive me insane, and most likely break my heart again. She wasn't just my best friend in high school, she was everything I ever wanted.

Everything that I needed but couldn't have.
I adored that girl but she never looked my way. At least, not how I wanted. I tried everything short of actually expressing how I felt.

I've always found it hard to cope with my emotions but Tori was a whole new level of emotion. She made me feel like everything was right in the world but I shut her out. I pushed her away like I do to everyone.

Ever since my parents divorced nothing felt right, I didn't believe that anyone could ever love me again. I was sure that it was all my fault, so I started to shut everyone out.

But then I met her.

Tori Vega.

The love of my life.

She was just perfect. And she was nice to me even when I threatened her and got her in trouble. Even when I hurt her. Even when I put her down.

I THOUGHT I WAS OVER HER!

Clearly I'm not.

Seeing her again brought back my appreciation for her but it reminded me of all the pain. The bad kind of pain. It broke my heart when we moved to different colleges in different states. I never thought I'd see her again, let alone share an apartment with her-

"Jade?"

Oh chiz I was so in my head I hadn't heard Mrs Hudson asking me if I wanted to take the apartment.

"yeah I think it's great." I uttered nervously. "How about you? What do you say Tori?"
"I like it" she grinned. "we'll get you the first month's rent by the 25th. Thanks Mrs Hudson"

"not a problem dearie. This place needs someone to live in it" the elderly lady replied, turning and walking out of the door back to her own home, leaving us alone to sort ourselves out.

I looked up and straight into those heart meltingly gorgeous, liquid caramel eyes, and my heart stopped for a second.
I was so not over Tori Vega.

"Jade" she said softly "I can't believe it's really you. It's been so long, high school and college and I never thought when I moved here that I'd end up living with you... How are you? How's everything been?"