Chapter 9- I thought you were American

Tw- this chapter mentions abuse

The Alessandro, 9.30 pm
Tori's POV
We'd talked for a couple of hours and eaten a delicious three course meal, when Allan and I decided that we should probably head home.

Tomorrow was Sunday, and as the musical was only in it's early days, we only rehearsed 5 days a week, so it wasn't like we had work or anything, but we had a long week ahead and decided to call it a night.

It was quite cold so Allan lent me his jacket. Not cause he was my boyfriend or anything, just because he was nice and it was cold. I would give it back on Monday.

We drove home talking and laughing and promised each other to do this again soon, and with that, we parted ways and I stepped into the apartment.

I immediately knew that something was wrong. The apartment was silent, and as I walked in I saw Jade sitting on the couch staring at her laptop screen.

-------------------------------------------------------

Jade's POV

"Jadey? What's wrong?"
A concerned voice came from behind me.

Oh chiz. Tori was home. I quickly dried my eyes and tried to act normal. I clicked on to my homepage on the slap.

"Nothing. How was your date?"

I asked. But it was immediately obvious that I was lying. My voice came out thick and raspy, my throat raw from the silent tears that had poured down my face for the past however long. I'd entirely lost track of time and space. Was it still today? Was anything real?

"Jade?" Tori sat down next to me. When I wouldn't meet her eye she repeated "What's wrong Jadey? What happened?"

I couldn't face explaining it to her so I just handed her my laptop, trying not to see the threats and insults that were already burned into my mind.

"Oh my God Jadey."
Tori said simply.

I turned my body towards her and buried my head into her chest. She wrapped her arms around me and stroked my hair as I cried.

And in that moment, she felt like home.

"Jade, it's okay. They won't find you. You're safe now."
The brunette whispered into my hair.

"Promise?"
I asked hopefully

"I promise."
She assured me.

We sat like that for a while longer, before Tori said;

"Probably time we got some rest. We have a long week ahead. Hopefully nothing will come of this okay?"

"okay."
I almost whispered.

Tw- mentions of abuse/ violence
-------------------------------------------------------

I lay in my bed for hours and couldn't sleep. The things that my dad said whirled around in my head. And those had set of a whole other chain of bad memories. It was to the point where I could almost feel the sting of my father's belt cutting into the flesh on my back and thighs. I could hear my brother screaming and I could see my mom passed out on the floor, or screaming at me for disturbing her.

End of tw

I shivered at the memories and the pain that they brought.

I guess I wouldn't get any sleep tonight. Not with my thoughts left to run through my mind.

So I decided to go see if Tori was awake.

I walked into her room to find her soundly asleep.

She looked so beautiful as she slept, and being in the room with her instantly calmed my mind.

I didn't want to disturb Tori so I took the cushion off her chair, and the spare blanket in the corner of her room, and lay on the floor.

I still couldn't sleep, but I felt safer here.
-------------------------------------------------------
"Jade?"
I hear Tori's voice and I guessed I must have fallen asleep after all. I opened my eyes to see her sitting on the bed, looking down at me with concern.

"Yeah Tori it's me. Sorry if I disturbed you I just- I couldn't sleep in my room by myself and so I just- I came here. I can go if you want."
I stuttered, unsure of how to explain myself.

Tori looked at me with those big caramel eyes.
"Jadey, it's ok. I completely get it. It's scary being on your own after something like that. I'd be terrified. So please, stay."
She patted the bed beside her.

I looked at her, bemused.

"Well come on then. I'm not letting you spend all night on the floor."

"What- you want me to- I- I mean- If you're sure. Thanks"
I stuttered, painfully aware that my face was turning bright red.

Tori smiled at me and grabbed my wrist, the way I used to do to her to get her attention back in school, and pulled me into the bed. She fluffed up the cushions on what was temporarily my side of the bed and lay down, facing me, her hand resting on my arm in a reassuring way.
"I've got you,"
She whispered, turning off the lights.

——————————————————————————
A/n
Hey so It's been a while. I couldn't leave this unfinished and I finally have the motivation to write so let's go I guess! I'm hoping that I'll be able to update regularly but no promises :)
Love,
Your fav chaotic gay <33