Chapter 7- when life gives you lemons

Saturday Morning, 3am, 231c 39th street
Jade's POV
We'd got home about an hour ago and I knew Tori was fast asleep. Meanwhile I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss. I knew that it was a dare, and that she was drunk, but I couldn't shake off how real it had felt to me. For me it was never fake.

I acted like I hated everyone  but only because it felt as though everyone was against me. Except Tori. I guess in a way I hated that too because I felt that I didn't deserve the love she gave me.

But most of all I hated that I didn't hate her.

Not even a little bit.

No I loved her.

I'd always love her. No matter what. I'd do anything for the Latina, anything to make her see me, anything to make her happy. If she wanted it, I'd do it.

But Tori didn't want me. Not like I wanted her.

-------------------------------------------------------
Tori's POV
It was 5am and I was lying awake, thinking about the night before. When I'd got in I'd been drunk and exhausted, but now I was just confused.

I was straight.

But I'd just kissed my friend.

Or more accurately. She kissed me. But I liked it. No that was the alcohol. I didn't think of Jade that way.

Sure she was pretty. And hot. Undeniably so. And she had a magnetic pull that no one could resist. But I didn't have romantic or sexual feelings for her. In fact. Just to prove it to myself. I'd get a boyfriend. I knew that Allan had a little crush. It was cute. I could make something out of that.

Yeah, Allan was hot. I could date Allan.
That was what I would do.

I smiled to myself as I fell back asleep.
It would all be ok in the morning.

-------------------------------------------------------

Still Tori's POV
I woke up at 6.30am to a text from Allan.

Al:
hey hot stuff ;)
how about dinner tonight
in the alessandro
on me obvi

Broadway Princess ;) :
Yeah sounds great :)

Al:
pick u up at 7?

Broadway Princess ;) :
Yeah okay. Better not be late or I'll turn into a pumpkin XD

Al:
Whatever you say babe ;P

Broadway Princess ;) :
Cya ;)

I didn't see the harm in going out with him. It wasn't like a date date. Besides, even if it was, it would be good for me. Remind me where my priorities were.

Soon I would've forgotten all about that stupid kiss and I'd be able to just get on with my life. The same as it always had been.

I fell back asleep, secure in the knowledge that this time it really would all be okay.

-------------------------------------------------------

Jade's POV
I woke up with tears streaking my cheeks but I wasn't really sure why. Then I remembered.

Tori.

I should be the happiest I'd ever been, because I'd just got what I'd wanted for so long, but I wasn't. I was sad. Because it wasn't real.

That made it a million times worse.

I loved Tori and I knew that she'd never love me in the same way.

And know I'd have to face spending every day with her, knowing that. And having kissed her.

I looked over at my alarm clock.

10:00 am

It was time to get up.

I dragged myself out of bed and made my way to the shower.

-------------------------------------------------------
Still Jade's POV

I walked into the kitchen and saw Tori standing there, looking as gorgeous as ever and immediately my stomach began twisting itself into a knot of anxiety and dread at the thought of facing her and all the emotions that she evoked in me, mixed together.

Suddenly the thought of coffee made me feel sick.

I walked over to the counter and poured a glass of water for myself instead, accidentally brushing my hand against Tori's back in the process.

I immediately felt her stiffen.

"sorry."

I muttered almost silently, not really daring to look at her for fear of what I might say or do.

"it's fine."

She replied with a similar awkwardness.

With that I left and returned to my room, not ready to face being with Tori yet.

-------------------------------------------------------

Tori's POV
Jade was acting really weird, it was like she couldn't make eye contact with me. Sure it was weird kissing your friend, but it was just a dare right? Right? I couldn't help but wonder what Allan had said to her that she would kiss me like that.

I suppose we were both acting strange. Oh well, hopefully going out with Allan would take my mind off things.

We'd get over it soon enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n:
sorry for the short/ filler chapter. I promise I will post a proper chapter soon, its just hard to manage school, my horse, editing, and writing. I'm working on the next chapter, in the mean time stay safe and look after yourselves <3