Chapter 13.

Did he just say husband?

What?

I can't move....

This is too much to take in.

"Angel?"

I don't answer him. I just can't manage to say anything.

"Please let me in...Please Angel"

I hesitate.

My fingers are going to the lock.

My mind is screaming for me to stop.

Too late...

"I'm coming in ok......"

I rush over and sit on the edge of the bath.

I try to control my breathing and the slow build of anxiety that I can feel rising through my body.

"What happens now....Do I have any choice?"

"We all have choices Angel, It's just whether we make the right ones or not."

"What's right and what's wrong? Is it the right one would be for me to stay quiet and just carry on like nothings changed? Is the wrong one, I speak out, Go to the police...Hand you over"

"Is that what you want?" He questions, I can tell he is pissed.

"No...But this, It's a lot to take in..."

"Listen you go to the police if you want but baby, I am the fucking law. They are at my beck and call. AT MY MERCY!" He laughs "And guess what..."

I look at him and dred washes over me.

"Want to know the best part Angel?"

"What..." I heistantly ask.

"My contact at MI6 is a family friend, His great grandfather was the right hand of my great grandfather. I have a special group of friends...."

"MI6?!?!"

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!!

"Why are you telling me this. Are you trying to frighten me! Are you some sort of fucking psycho!"

"No, I'm not. I am a man who protects his family. Who was brought up in this life and I fucking love it! I'm good at it. I told you I would never hurt you. That was a fucking promise."

"Why me?"

"You're it for me Angel.....The be all and end all."