one

one

-luke-

thursday morning... well afternoon, my alarm woke me up at two in the afternoon. i threw my hand out from under the blanket and slammed it onto the plastic clock, before rolling out of the sheets that confined me to my mattress. i rubbed my eyes, trying to adjust to the afternoon sun. my hair was tousled and chaotic, but that was expected after sleeping over fifteen hours. after letting the grogginess of sleep wear off on my vision, i stumbled out of bed and walked out of my room to the bathroom across the hall. the laminate tile on the floor was cold, almost like ice. a small wave of chills ran through my body and i could feel goosebumps litter my arms and legs. i stripped off my pair of boxers and turned the water on.

i stood in front of the mirror and stared. i was almost six two, dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, black metallic lip ring on the left side of my lip, and a thin torso. after seeing the mirror start to steam over, i figured that the water was warm enough and stepped into the small shower. the water felt amazing over my body, you would think that sleep would help your muscles but mine ached from lack of movement. i grabbed the bottle of strawberry shampoo and squeezed about a quarter size amount into my palm and lathered it into my hair. the song 1985 by bowling for soup had been stuck in my head for a little over two days and i found myself singing a little of it.

" debbie just hit the wall
she never had it all
one prozac a day
husbands a cpa
her dreams went out the door
when she turned twenty four
only been with one man
what happened to her plan? "

what happens to anyones plans anymore? no one ends up doing what they set out to do. i planned on being a millionaire rock star by now, but im a bartender at a strip club. point proven, growing up sucks.

after finishing my shower, i wrapped a towel around my waist and picked up my dirty clothes from the floor and brought them into my room. i tossed them into the dirty clothes basket and went to my dresser and grabbed a pair of tmnt boxers and threw them towards my bed. after examining my wardrobe, i picked out the usual black skinny jeans, converse and grabbed my vans shirt and a red and black flannel. i walked back over towards my bed and unwrapped my towel and dropped it to the floor. humming a little song in my head, i got dressed and connected my phone to my speakers and fat lip by sum 41 started playing.

" storming through the party like my name is el nino
while im hanging out drinking in the back of an el camino
as a kid, i was a skid, and no one knew me by name
i trashed my own house party cause nobody came

i know im not the one you thought you knew back in high school
never going, never showing up when we had to
attention that we crave, dont tell us to behave
im sick of always hearing act your age "

yeah me too sum 41, me too.

i grabbed the towel and quickly towel dried my hair and styled it into the normal quiff and found my keys to my car. it was an older car, a beat up 1968 red ss camaro. the paint had slightly faded but she ran like a champ. her name was evangeline and i loved her more than anything.

after making sure that i had my wallet in my back pocket, i walked out of my puny one room apartment and towards to my car.

"hello eva, you look beautiful today." i smile and get into my car and run my hands over the steering wheel before putting the car into drive and heading towards work.

i had only one thing to focus on today, actually two things but one was more important than the other. i had to of course do my job. i didnt plan on being a bartender forever, even if i was good at it. the more important thing however was to focus more on the drinks then the boys.
oh, yeah that was an important thing as well. i was gay. its a choice that others frown upon and give me disgusted looks about, but of course im in the wrong. im sorry that i like a penis more than a vagina.