two

-luke-

things were not looking good for the me. i cant even believe that ashton was standing right outside the bathroom door. how long could he have been there? i walked back out to the bar and hopped over the counter and went back to work, trying to ignore the awful feeling in the pit of my stomach. i cant believe i was that fucking stupid.

"there you are. i was worried you died in the bathroom." jack tossed me a bottle and i caught it, giving it a couple spins before pouring the liquor into two small glasses and passed them to the customers.

it wouldve been less painful if i had died.

"nah, i just really had to pee." i heard someone yell for two beers and i grabbed two bottle of bud light and popped the tops on the, before handing them to jack. it was finally starting to slow down at the bar, most people decided to sit at tables and eventually, no one was at the bar. i leaned back against the counter and rubbed my eyes. i felt like i could sleep for another week. i checked the clock and it was already 10:30. only another half an hour and i was free.

we got an order for multiple rounds of shots and i quickly started placing on the bar. the quicker you get your drinks out, the bigger your tips are. i had my heart set on a brand new Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe Electric Guitar, the white and black one to be more specific. i had been saving for almost a month now and if i managed to get just a little more money, i could finally go and get it.

"jack, give me the usual." i peek over my shoulder and see ashton sit down at the bar with a girl in each arm. they were laid over him like a couple of ragdolls that had been thrown around. the smirk that rested against his soft lips were enough to make me want to either punch him in the face.. or smash my lips against his. either one sounded pretty damn good.

"hemmings, fix that drink, ive got to go grab more glasses from the back." jack wiped the sweat from the back of his neck and walked to the back. i rimmed a shot glass with salt and poured tequila into it, garnishing it with a lime wedge. i walked over to ashton and set it down in front of him. he picked it up and quickly drank it, before setting it down and looked to the girl on his right.

"your performance was amazing ashton."

said the slut.

"thanks."

"do you do private shows ashton?" the girl on the left ran her fingers through his hair and tugged at the ends. his bottom lip came between his teeth and i kept watching from the corner of my eye. i wipe my forehead with the back of my hand.

"normally i dont... but maybe i could make an exception for you."

"please daddy."

daddy.

the word made me cringe. yeah sure they called him daddy ashton. for reasons that i still cant grasp. it was always that way and i just never bothered to ask why.

"sure baby.. lets go." he stood, linking his two arms around each girl and walked back towards the private rooms. the girls entered first, giddy and quite drunk and ashton followed after them, shutting the door behind him. the pounding that i felt in my chest wouldnt go away. jack returned with the racks of glasses and looked over at me.

"you alright man?"

"yeah im just... exhausted."

"go home dude." he handed me my tips for the night and i shoved the money into my pocket before i could really count it. i just wanted to go home and crawl back into my warm bed. i clocked out, and felt in my pockets to make sure that i had my keys. once i found them, i pulled them out and waved goodbye to jack. he nodded his head and motioned for me to walk out the door, which i proceeded to do. the parking lot gravel crunched under my black converse and i dug the pack of smokes out from my back pocket and pulled one out. the neon yellow lighter was inside the container and i quickly struck it, letting the fire ignite the end of my cigarette. the inhale was deep, smoke filling every void in my chest.

"you shouldnt smoke kid.."

i looked up and noticed that someone had walked out to their car and stood resting against the hood of their vehicle.

"thats what they tell me. its terribly bad for a kid like me to be smoking a cigarette." i purposefully took a longer drag and exhaled, a ring of smoke surrounding the two of us. the gentleman tips his hat and walks to the driver side of his car, gets in and drives off without another word.

"well then." i flick the ashes off the end of the cigarette and drop the butt to the ground, and place the top of my foot over it, grinding it into the gravel. i got into my car and backed out of my parking spot before driving off the property and back through town. my stomach growled loudly and i pit stopped by a papa johns pizza for a large pepperoni to go. after passing many busy streets, stop lights, and buildings, i pulled into the parking lot of my apartment complex. the street lights hazed the parking lot enough to see from your car to the building. grabbing the box of pizza from the passenger seat, i locked the car up and walked into the building before heading to the elevator. i lived on the top floor, since my apartment was more of a studio apartment. i grabbed my keys from my back pocket and unlocked the door, closed it with my foot and walked towards the kitchen. i set the pizza box down on the counter before reaching inside my small refrigerator for a beer. i unscrewed the top on the bottle and took a sip. reaching for the box, i slipped it under my arm and walked to my bedroom and sat on the bed.

"lets see whats good on tv." i grabbed the remote and flickered through a few channels before coming across how i met your mother and set the remote down next to me. i opened the top on the pizza box and grabbed a slice before folding it up and taking a few bites.

that was my night, eating an entire pizza and two bottle of beer, watching a rerun of himym, and passing out in my bed while still being fully dressed. eventually in the middle of the night i woke up to pee, and stripped down to my boxers before clearing off the bed and removed the now empty pizza box to the floor. the moon was full tonight and the sky was littered in stars. crawling into bed and under my duvet i watched the sky for a few minutes, wondering how the stars and the moon came to be. i mustve been deep into thought because the last thing i could remember was thinking about dancing among the stars before everything went dark.