three

ash

i wasnt proud of who i was.

i wasnt proud about the fact that i was almost twenty years old and was currently employed as a stripper. i wasnt really proud about that in any form or fashion. i wasnt proud about that fact that at this moment, two girls were all over me and i just couldnt give two fucks about them.

"oh." girl on the right whispered in my ear. she was kissing my neck while the other clawed at my hair. i moaned to keep it interesting but it just wasnt enough. it was never enough anymore for anybody.
eventually i grew tired and pushed both of them off of me. they whined and complained about how they wanted more time. i dont though. do i get a say on if i want more or not?!

"but daddy."

"do not daddy me again. im not anything to you but a person that makes you feel better than what you were before you came in. you are looking to be on a power trip, a way for you to make yourself feel powerful, like youre the one in charge. but the sad part is how you are just throwing yourselves at anything that can fucking walk and saying something along the lines of 'heres my body, take what you see and use every inch of it to your advantage. i dont feel like being the one held responsible when you leave here and you turn around and tell all of your slut friends about your one night stand here and saying how i used you for sex when you were practically the one who forced me to do it. Now get out."

the two of them grabbed their clothes, both muttering under their breath about being a tease and never going all the way. well sorry girls, but im just not like that.

i slipped my jeans back on and grabbed the black shirt that was aimlessly thrown across the room and slipped it over my torso. my hair was slightly tousled from the two girls tugged and pulling it. to be rather honest, my scalp hurt from the constant pulling. my car keys were on the ground next to the couch and i grabbed them, running my fingers over the small red car keychain. i stood to my feet, and shut all the lights out before exiting the room and the building. my car was a old mustang. the red paint was starting to chip and peel but i didnt have the money to fix her.
the keys were inserted into the ignition and cranked, causing the cold vehicle to warm up and rev its engine. i chuckled to myself because no matter how beat up she was, she still had the most beautiful sound to her. i made my way home, through the city and into a small complex. i rented a loft from my uncle many years ago, after he died, he left it to me in his will. i just never left like i had always planned to. dont get me wrong, i loved the city. the deep void in my chest for wanting to be somewhere with the lights. and miami was just that kind of place. it was always a party here. there was always a spring break, summer vacation, and tourist party within the city, and all you had to do was walk outside your front door and there it was. a great slap to the face no doubt.  it was almost like everyone had insomnia here in the roaring town, but i liked to sleep. and sleep never came easily.

I made it back to my small apartment complex, and parked the car. The streetlights had finally turned on and buzzed noisily but thats how it was. i walked up the two flights of steps to the top floor and noticed that a small tupperware container was sitting on the mat outside my front door. I picked it up and unlocked the door, walking inside of my apartment. I locked the door after walking in and saw Aussie, my little husky, was laying on the couch and he ran up to my legs. i set the container down on the counter and kneeled down to him, scratching behind his ears and receiving wet kisses in return. I refilled his water bowl and food bowl while i heated my meal up in the microwave.

I realized then who left me a meal. The elderly neighbors across the hall seemed to take an interest in me and would leave me leftovers on occasion from previous meals that they have had. Mrs. whitley was a seventy year old woman, but she sure was a great cook. I heard the timer go off and retrieved my meal from the microwave and took the top off, seeing a red pasta sauce. Must be spaghetti night. I walked over to the fridge and grabbed a beer and grabbed a fork from the drawer on the way back and sat down at the small kitchen table and started eating.

Aussie laid at my feet as i finished up, and i let him lick the leftover sauce in the bottom of the container before placing the dishes in the sink and the beer bottle in the recycling can. I trudged into my bedroom and grabbed a pair of boxers to change into before walking into the connected bathroom and starting the shower.

My favorite time after work was the reward of a warm shower. After being sweaty and having people all over you, the one thing that you wanted to do was wash it all off. I stood there under the shower head, hoping that the hot water would relax me enough to help me fall asleep tonight. The constant tossing and turning was getting old. After washing off my hair and body, i rinsed and dried off with a towel and slipped on the clean pair of boxers . i brushed my teeth  and ran my fingers through my wet hair before walking back into the bedroom and climbing into the bed. Aussie was laying on the floor at the foot of the bed, watching the door as he always did. I turned out the lamp that was next to my bed and stared up at the ceiling, hoping that sleep would overcome me.

And eventually it did... three hours before i was supposed to be up.

Like i said, i wasnt proud of who i was, but sometimes it just happens..