CHAPTER 12

- Vee -

It's between the break time when I see Mark approaching my table. I look at his now-familiar posture with anticipation. From the way he's walking, he sure walks toward my table. I look at Marks' face, it's a little bit stiff, his eyes locking with mine in the second he sees me. He looks ... angry? But it still looks cute.

What makes him to has that kind of face?

He stops in front of me, little bit panting. I could see his bangs plastered on his forehead and his shirt a little bit damp because of sweat. Is he running here?

"Ah Nong Mark, finally find Ai Vee?" King places his lunch on the table.

Today's lunch, my usual gang has King as an additional member since King and I want to make the draft for our final exam project.

I look at King, who said, "This kid is running around in the building D to found you. My phone goes off, so I ask Ram to check where've you been."

That's why that quiet junior suddenly ask where my whereabouts.

I should add my line to Mark's phone for sure!

But why he's running around at the entire building to find me? Isn't he still sore from last—my thought was stopped when I see an account book in his hand.

"King, tell others that I had urgent business, I'll text you about the matters later."

King looks at me and Mark back and forward then nods, adding with, "I will tell Kla that you need to go asap because Phi Pang wants sour mango."

I chuckle, King knows that drag Phi Pang's name will not make my friends ask further, "Thank you."

I grab Mark hand and ignoring all the eyes that stared at us. I walk toward my car and push Mark to the passenger seat, then slide inside behind the wheel and drove my car away. I do want to talk to Mark, but not under people eyes and ears.

I drove back home, where Mark and I could talk freely. During the drive, Mark didn't say anything.

I look at Mark, who stood still near the door with ... Hurt? Sad? I never see that kind of expression before and why I feel like my heart been pierced by thousands of needles? Thousands of needles, are that even possible to have thousands of needles?

"Why are you looking for me?" I look at Mark right in his eyes.

"This ..." Mark gives me his account book, "Are this money from you?"

I take the book and scan it thoroughly. I look at the book with amaze because Mark practically never makes any transactions. The row that shows the withdrawal amount almost empty, except today, that he withdraws quite much money. Why he needs money this much?

"Why you withdraw this much money? Need to buy something?" I still open the book while scanning the numbers on the book.

"To pay the re— ... Phi Vee, I ask first."

I lifted my head when I heard frustration on Mark's voice, and he is looking at me indeed with frustration.

"You always give the money back, and you never ask me anything." I shrug.

Mark looks at me with confusion, "Is it bad if I never ask you anything?"

"I never know that concept."

Mark looks confused, "What concept?"

"That I get something from someone but not give anything in return."

Mark frowns, then said, "But I really didn't want anything from you, Phi."

Again, I tried to look beyond those light-brown eyes, "Did you really didn't want anything in your life?"