Lord of Death | Taejoonkook

In which Jeon Jungkook looses his beloved boyfriend Kim Taehyung in a car accident. But what he doesn't know is that his boyfriend never really died. He was taken hostage by none other than the god of death, Hades or Kim Namjoon. Taehyung now is set to marry the god and would do anything to return to Jungkook who's silently suffering and unaware of the tragedy his boyfriend was going through.

Warning: Sad hours open

°°°

"Let go of me!", Taehyung was struggling in the tight grip around him, muscular arms stopping his fighting and pressing him close to a wide chest, nails clawing on golden skin but the one behind refused to let him go.

"Sh sh, Taehyungie", the man, Namjoon cooed behind Taehyung who was also hysterically crying while he was watching through a portal how Jungkook stood in front of his grave and crying his eyes out. "You're a monster! How could you do this! He thinks I'm dead!", Taehyung cried out, the arms holding him away slipped down to his stomach in order to lift him up.

"He's just a mere human, Taehyungie he couldn't give you what I have so I took you away for good. He will get over it, marry a nice boy and forget about you. But your place is by my side, as my new Persephone", Hades cooed out and pressed a kiss to Taehyung's hair who squirmed away.

"I will never be your Queen!", he yelled and struggled even more when he was lifted up and carried away from the heartbreaking scene. "NO! JUNGKOOKIE! I'M ALIVE!"

°°°

Jungkook on the other side was pressing his trembling hands to his chest while he was staring down at the marble gravestone where the most horrid letters were graced into.

In beloved Memory, son, lover, artist

Kim Taehyung

1995-2020

"Why did you have to go... it should've been me", Jungkook whispered, before he turned his head and cried against the shoulder of the woman standing next to him who immediately caught him in her arms and pressed him close.

It was Taehyung's mother, a strong amazingly supporting woman who deserved nothing but the world. She was the one to show support all the time, excitedly picked out the engagement ring together with Jungkook when this accident happened.

A drunk driver has crashed into Taehyung's car when he was returning home from work, excited to see his boyfriend in their shared apartment and as soon as they collided, Taehyung has been dead.

The funeral was held a week after and Jungkook still couldn't believe that the love of his life was gone. He would never wake up to Taehyung's charming box smile again, never hear him singing at random times or admire his new created artworks. His second half was gone and Jungkook was left with the pieces of his broken heart.

"He's in heaven now and will watch over us", Mrs Kim murmured with a crack in her voice while stroking Jungkook's hair, Mr Kim next to her holding a bouquet of flowers in his hands while he was soundlessly crying. "It wasn't his time, mum", Jungkook sobbed out.

His family and the Kims have forever been close, Taehyung and him first hating each other for being forced to spend time but then it grew into friendship and later, love. They've been so close that the significant other called the parents of the other Mum and Dad.

And now, Jungkook was left alone.

"No, it wasn't... but he isn't suffering where he is right now. He wouldn't want us to be sad", Mrs Kim mumbled, frail shoulder shaking from the loss she experienced. A parent should never see their beloved child dying. And this to happen to these lovely parents who were nothing but supportive of Taehyung...

"My Baby, my TaeTae... rest in love, my child", Mr Kim sobbed out, planting the flowers to the gravestone with heavy heart before he joined the small group hug of his wife and son in law. To him, Jungkook will never be anything else, part of their family even before he got together with Taehyung.

The Jeons stood a bit behind, heads bowed and tears soaking their cheeks but they knew that their friends needed the support more than they did so they stayed silent. Biding their goodbyes to their supposed to be son in law.

They felt like it was their fault, in one way it was and Mrs Jeon felt how heavy her husband's heart must be so she squeezed his hand. "We need to talk to our son, Jiwon. You know it is for the best when he knows. He needs to know that he can save Taehyung", Mrs Jeon whispered towards her husband.

"I can't-- he will hate us for sure", Mr Jeon replied brokenly but after another reassuring squeeze of his wife, he nodded. "It's time, Persephone."

°°°

Mrs Jeon was no other than the flower goddess Persephone, runaway bride from Hades. She has fallen in love with a dying soul, Jeon Jiwon and saved him before fleeing to earth and leaving her goddess heritage and the prophecy behind, turning her human. The prophecy of a god of flowers becoming Hades' wife, and since the position is empty, it has to be refilled.

But Hades got to know that the one he has once loved dearly, Persephone, was now living her peaceful life on earth as a human alongside with another man so he decided to get revenge. Namjoon then found out about her son, her beloved golden boy and what was a better punishment than to break her child apart?

So he spied on Jungkook, saw how much alike he is with his father Jiwon who Namjoon hated to no end. He got to know about Taehyung, Jungkook's boyfriend and chose him to be the victim of his plan.

Taehyung was a lovely child, happy and always cheery and Namjoon deemed him a good replacement for Persephone, deciding to take the beautiful male down to hell. It didn't matter if his gender might not be suited for the role of the queen, Hades has never cared for these things.

All he wanted was revenge on Persephone for breaking his heart.

So Namjoon 'killed' the innocent pawn in his game, Taehyung to bring him down to hell and force him into the position that was originally reserved for Mrs Jeon who also saw Taehyung as own son whom she loved too.

Upon seeing the frightened little doll appearing in the depth of hell and staring at him out of wide scared eyes, Hades decided that Kim Taehyung indeed was the perfect replacement and smiled friendly down at the terrified male who tried scurrying away from him.

Yet there was no escape, not from the Lord of Death.

Or was there hope for Jungkook and Taehyung to be reunited? After all, Taehyung never really died... and would do anything to return back into the arms of his rightful lover.

~

Yes, Jungkook is the son of Persephone, I'm like really obsessed with greek mythology so I'm sorry to those who find me annoying always writing about it>-< please don't ask me for a second part or to make a book out of it, please. It incredibly pressures me.

I will maybe think of writing more of this concept but at my own pace and when I'm comfortable with it. Pushing me will only cause me to snap at those who decide to pressure me, remember that<3

Anyways, tell me your thoughts?

Hope you liked it and have a happy day muah

Ela_koo