Chapter 1

"I don't even know why I bother sleeping over anymore." Win said as he roughly packed his clothes in his backpack. It was Friday morning and they were getting ready for work.

"Nong, you can't say that."

"Seriously though. What's the use of doing this, what's the use of us being a relationship?"

"You know I love you and all this doesn't really matter."

"Excuse me." Win held his waist feeling offended. "So, you are literally saying I'm getting worked up for nothing right. Is that it?"

Bright weakly shook his head "I didn't mean it like that."

He finished putting his things away.

"The next time I'm coming here it'll not be for a conversation and until then please don't call me over."

"Why can't we just focus on other aspects of our relationship."

"In what world is that possible?"

"Come on babe don't be like this."

Win carried his backpack on his back, and he looked at Bright. "I've already said everything I wanted to say, I'm not coming here for conversations and sleepovers anymore."

Win finished as he exited the house feeling wronged. He loved Bright but he couldn't help but admit that he was weird.

Bright left the house after Win for work, feeling tired already. Lately, he was glad that they worked in two different hospitals. The day had started off not so well.

Around 11:45 am, Mew was in the doctors' room on his desk, buried in papers trying to complete his research. Bright came in tired and worn out and headed for his desk right next to Mews'.

"You don't have any patients?" He asked as he took off his white gown and dropped his head on the table.

"I haven't received an emergency alert so I'm good. I'm making a round at lunch though." Mew responded as he took off his glasses to rub his eyes.

"Are you almost done with the research?"  Bright asked pointing to Mew's papers on the table.

"yes, I'm almost done."

"You think they're going to approve it." Bright asked holding his heavy head in his head.

"They have to."

"I still think it's too controversial. Why didn't you choose a better research topic?"

"That's why I took the topic. It was just catchy and for personal reasons too."

"The director is going to flip out on you."

"I contacted the libraries and some professors in America, UK and Australia and they said it's possible since they have done some experience on it. I have the support of a famous professor from Canada so its definitely going to work out"

Bright sat up straight suddenly realizing what was on Mew's mind. "Don't tell me you're planning to..."

Mew nodded his head.

"Am I supposed to keep on waiting until then?"

"No." Mew closed his laptop and put his books and papers in order. "We are not going to wait until then. The research is for when I'm stable. Maybe in a year or two. Just Give me a month to sort things out with him."

"A month?"

"Yeah."

"Aren't you too confident. I heard you are going on a date with another boy tonight."

"Yeah. It's a junior from the ER."

"Yet you need a month to sort things out with Nong Gulf?"

"Trust me. I know what I'm doing."

"Win is driving me insane and I need to come clean too."

"Soon."

"A month, no more no less."

Mew's phone vibrated.

"Thanks, man," Mew said putting his things in his desk and locked it. He had a patient to attend to.

That same night, Mew found himself standing behind the door to Gulf's room at the doctor's flat. He was troubled. He had something going on in his head.

A war.

He had gone on a date with the boy and some things did not sit well with him. He was one who didn't believe in coincidences. He fixed his worried face and put on a smile, albeit it didn't reach his eyes. He knocked and entered Gulf's room.

"You won't believe what happened today." He said as he sat on the bed analyzing Gulf's reaction to his story.

"What happened?" Gulf asked expectantly. Turning his chair from the desk he was sitting to face Mew on the bed.

"So, I went on a date." Mew started.

Gulf smiled and asked, "how was it?"

"It was amazing," Mew replied as he opened a book laying on the bed.

"I'm glad that you had fun. What did you guys do?" Gulf sounded more excited than Mew.

"It was almost a perfect date. He almost got everything right"

"From the flowers?"

"yes he liked the flowers, he didn't mind me pulling a chair for him, I ordered him food and he didn't complain."

"then it was perfect"

"close. He was a good boy"

"What you've been dreaming of."

Mew's smile faltered. "It's similar."

"Tell me more please." Gulf excitedly requested as he went to sit facing Mew on the bed. His eyes widened in expectation and it just cute.

Mew sat up from the bed and started slowly pacing up and down the room telling Gulf what had transpired on his date. He lazily said,

"It was an interesting date I must say."

"How does it feel to have your almost dream date?"

Mew stopped pacing and faced Gulf.

"There is a second date."