Chapter 3

Sunday evening, Mew went on his second date. He received a call from Gulf telling him to stop by the doctor's flat after his date and that's what he did.

Gulf was eating some snacks in his room when Mew came in saying,

"I'm getting married."

Gulf dropped his snack on the floor.

"What?"

Mew looked at him and said, "There's a third date."

Gulf picked up his snack, heart beating fast. "Are you dating him now?"

"I want to," Mew said simply.

"No, you can't." Gulf was against it. He stood up and walked to hug Mew.

"Why not?" Mew asked as he reciprocated the hug.

"Isn't he too good I mean isn't it too perfect?"

"He is. That's why I'm going to marry him."

Gulf shook his head still in the hug. He was clingy like that. "You can't be serious."

"Of course, I'm not serious." Mew gave in

Gulf took a breath of relief as he came out of the hug going to sit on the bed. Mew came to sit down too, facing Gulf.

"But I'm going to ask him to be my boyfriend." It sounded worse than the last suggestion.

Gulf shook his head whining "phiiii you can't do that."

Mew's hands reached out for Gulf's as he said, "I want to have sex-" He paused as Gulf looked up a bit turned on by Mew's hands squeezing his, "- with him." Mew finished.

Gulf got up from where he was sitting, vehemently shaking his head.

"I like him." Mew did all he could so he could not smile. He was enjoying seeing Gulf ruffled. The argument went on.

"No, you don't."

"I do."

"You can't be sure." Gulf was regretting his decision now. This was not the outcome he had expected.

"Why are you not happy for me?" Mew pouted childishly.

Gulf snapped. "I am."

"Then show it."

"I care about you ok" Gulf sat down and took a stress ball from his table and started pressing it. He was getting stressed.

"I know but that's not what I'm saying right now." Mew said going to Gulf and started giving him a shoulder massage, easing out all the knots and tension in his shoulders. Gulf tilted his head all the way back to face the ceiling, his eyes closed. He was enjoying it.

"What are you saying?" Gulf asked in a moaning voice, his body starting to relax.

Mew leaned in for Gulf's lips but stopped himself. He pulled back a bit and instead went to Gulf's ear. He blew air in Gulf's ear with his breathing. Gulf felt goosebumps and his breathe hitched.

Mew whispered slowly. His lips touching Gulf's ear.

"I'm in love..." he paused as he bit his lips to avoid a smile. Gulf opened his eyes looking at the ceiling of his room, disturbed by Mew's confession.

Gulf got up and it got Mew startled. "I'm going to the bathroom." He excused himself.

Mew looked as Gulf left the room. He smiled but only for a moment. He knew he was being a jerk, but he felt like it was something he had to do.

They've been friends for all the four years Gulf was in Medical school. Now he was a first-year resident as a surgery doctor. Mew was in his seventh and final resident year as an Obstetrician-Gynecologist. They had met when Mew came to visit a friend in Gulf's school. He had seen three med students walking and it was an instant attraction with Gulf.

He followed the three of them as they walked to class. He approached them at the same time another female student did. It was awkward for him as he saw the girl link her arm in Gulfs'. He got stuck and ended up asking out Mild for a date.

Mild liked the date so much but he was disappointed when Mew didn't ask him out for another date. They got an assignment in class and they had to visit a hospital. Mild led them to the hospital Mew was working in. They saw Mew and he helped them with the assignment. However, Mild was left speechless by how Mew and Gulf clicked. He stepped back and let them be friends.

Their friendship took a weird turn. They got so comfortable with each other over the years and they behaved like lovers although they were just phi and nong. Even though Gulf was straight, he always wanted to see Mew happy and vice versa.

He was in the bathroom splashing water on his face wondering why Mew was considering a third date. In the four years they've known each other, Mew only went on one date with a person and he couldn't figure out the reason why.

Now he, not only went on a second date but is considering going on a third date with the same person. He sighed. He had not expected thisto happen. He hadn't thought things through, and it was now haunting him. He should've planned it thoroughly.

Now Mew was talking about marriage and love. If the man was going to be in love and get married it was going to be with one person. He looked in the mirror and pointed at himself. He had to let him know. He had to tell him how he truly felt.