E

Hyunjae's p.o.v

I was spacing out until Mr. Yoo speaks up about the task.

" Today's task result will be record as your grade for this month. I would want you to find your pair now. "

The boys suddenly gathered closely. My eyes were quick to catch y/n and as expected she does not have partner.

"Well okay, but we have seven here. " Sunwoo said but all I care about right now is y/n.

"Hyung, where are you going?? " I can hear Eric's voice fading as I march my way toward y/n who's conversation with her friend can be heard.

"Are you sure? Who? Where?" Jennie, her friend said while I can feel Rose already gasping as she notice my presence.

"Uh,  r-right-"

"Here. " I said. Eyes never leaving her feature. Seeing her turning around with wide eyes shocked makes my heart melting soft. It makes me kind of regret treating her bad but what can I do? She deserve better than me.

Y/n's p.o.v

' What the fuck? Lee hyunjae?! Is he serious right now? '

I realise I was still staring at him and cleared my throat.

"What do you mean? I don't need yo-"

"It's not like I want to. You are my last option though. " he cut me off and rolled his eyes.

Why does it feel so hurt even when I went through this everyday.. Why is he like this?

"If it's not because of the grade, I won't even bother your existance." I tried my best to control my voice from cracking and focus on the music playing.

'I just need to pass in one try and that's it. I'll get the fuck out of here.'

Time skipped

"That was great y/n and hyunjae. An A for you both for your chemistry and creativity. Next pair!"

Right after, I take my bag and dash out of there. I changed my clothes then decided to skip the theatre class. I don't mind cause' I already am a top student there.

The hallway was still empty during class time.  I run to where my heart brings me, my hideout.

I use to laugh and giggle with my friend here before but seems like it become my alone spot since hyunjae moved here.

Here I am, curled into a ball, tired of everything especially him. What did I ever done to him? Why in the world do I have to face him as an enemy? I though he cares for me.

Flashback 4 years ago when I first meet Hyunjae..

'Yah! Answer me! Why the fuck are you always bothering me??! Can't you see that I hate you? "

I feel so stupid now. I just want to return his book that he left in the class just now. I expected him to at least say thank you but instead here I am, holding on my tears while he burst out his anger at me.

"I-i never bother you! I tried my best to avoid you, why are you so mad?! "

"Why am I mad, you ask?" he scoffed.

"Bitch-what if my girlfriend sees you, with me, huh?  I don't wanna lost a chick because of a fool pathetic girl like you."

"Yah, Han Jiseob! I don't fucking care about your girlfriend. You are just a dickhead who plays around with people's heart!!"

"What did you just say!!?" he raise his hands ready to slap me as I close my eyes ready to feel the impact.

How pathetic am I that my ex boyfriend is treating me like shit and embarrasing me in front of the whole school.

I waited but nothing happen, instead I feel wind brush pass me and the second I open my eyes Jiseob were already lying on the floor being punch by the new student, Lee hyunjae I guess.

"Aren't. You. Ashamed. With. Yourself. You. Motherfucking. Bitch. " he said in between each punch that he threw onto Jiseob who looks liveless on the floor.

I gasped at the view but didn't dare to do anything. He deserves it by the way. I am not going to play nice anymore.

Lee hyunjae then grab my wrist and drag me out of the school. As we near the bus stop he stopped and turn to me with a fierce face.

"What were you thinking?! Can't you see that he doesn't deserve your attention at all? So what if he left his book and get detention the next day?!"

I never though of being scolded by him. The one who saved me. Suprisingly he pulled me into a hug.

"I know I just move here but I have been witnesing all the shits that he threw to you every single day. You can't just let him do that! I won't let you suffer anymore. Starting from today if he ever bother you, he's fucking death!"

I hug him back as we both cried in each others shoulder.

"No one ever do this for me. Thank you so much Lee hyunjae. Thank you." I hug him tighter.

It was the best day in my life as far as I remember because I finally meet someone who really cares for me. Someone who I can open up at any time. Someone who is willing to fool around with me. Someone who would sacrifice his free time at the middle of the night just to meet me at the park, hearing my problems and comfort me. Since then I though I can't live without him. I can't survive without Lee hyunjae.

But life being a bitch hits me so hard like a truck. After two years in highschool with him,  suddenly one day he moved school without even me knowing. I can't reach him because he change his phone number. I gain depression everyday thinking that I have lost the one and only light in my life. I have lost my bestfriend,  my Lee hyunjae forever.

End of flashback..

Tears roll down my cheek like waterfall. I can't hold it anymore. It hurt so much.

"I never expect him to comeback in my life but now that he's here, it hurts for me to say this but I wish he never return. Or else I should be the one disappearing now."

I feel the sudden pain in my heart as if it was stab. Ahh.. Fuck..

//Note//
I cried writing this listening to BTS stay gold and Straykidz Hellevator. Damn I'm soft for this chapter and songs (╥_╥)