twenty eight

Elle McBriar
May 16th, 1 year and 173 days since the first zombie report

When I woke up this morning, Paxton wasn't next to me.

I went downstairs and found him and Alex whispering rather loudly in the kitchen.

"Please- don't stop on my account." I smirked, opening the fridge.

"It's nothing- we're just talking about guy things." Alex rushed out. Paxton slapped him, "Oh yeah? What's that? Girls and cars."

"Baby vomit and diapers, actually." I snorted and swallowed a sip of my water.

"Anyway, we gotta go." Alex said. Both the boys stood up and quickly rushed out.

"Not so fast." I ordered. They stopped abruptly, "Where are you going?" I asked. They looked at each other nervously, "T-to get diapers."

"Where's my goodbye kiss?" I said, hands on my hips.

Paxton visibly relaxed and kissed me extremely quickly, "Fine. Be mean." I huffed. He looked confused as I stormed out of the room.

Alex laughed loudly as I heard the front door slam.

"What the hell was that all about?" Elaine smiled, coming into the kitchen. I grumbled, "The boys are being weird."

Megan came in with Gage in her arms, the biggest shit-eating grin on her face, "What's got you so smiley?"

"Nothing special. Just that Alex and I had sex for the first time since the baby." She squealed. We all jumped up and giggled.

"It was so amazing. He's so gentle and protective. I love him!"

I gushed over her words, hugging Penny good morning.

"So ladies, what's on the agenda today?"

I shrugged, "Paxton said two words to me today. So I'm pissed off."

Elaine and Megan looked at each other, "Okay, now you guys are being weird? Did I miss something?"

"No. Not at all." They laughed, "What did he do?"

I pouted, "I walked in here to find him and Alex whispering like two teenage girls at a party. It was weird."

"And you're mad because?" Penny trailed off, "I don't know. He's been kind of distant lately. I feel like he's become unattached from me."

"Girl- if thats unattached, I wanna be unattached." Elaine smirked. "What do you mean?"

"You and Paxton are like wild rabbits. You're always going at it. The sexual tension is through the roof my God. He loves you, don't overthink it." Megan assures me.

"I know. But last night, he went to bed without saying goodnight. He avoided me like the plague after lunch, said a few words, he would always avoid me when he saw me so I don't know what to think."

Penny was giggling her ass off, "You know what you should do?" She smirked, "What's that?"

"Seduce him." I almost spit out my water, "W-what?" I choked, laughing, "Yeah. Get some lingerie, be seductive, tease him, you know the drill."

I looked over at Megan and Elaine who all had the same looks on their faces.

"Are we going shopping?" I bit my lip in anticipation. We all looked at each other, side-glancing, "Why the hell not? It's free!"

* * *

We all piled into the car, clipping in the baby and having Riley sit on my lap.