17(M)mattex

You've Got Me So Off Balance

           TimetravelingArchaeologist

It had been another one of those days, a day where filming with Matt Smith couldn’t be described as anything less than explosive. If Alex hadn’t enjoyed it so much she might have hated him a little. Nobody was capable of teasing her past her point of frustration quite like he was, and there wasn’t much she could do about it. All she wanted to do now was relax and find something other than her younger co-star to distract her.

She had just sank down onto the sofa, too wound up to even think sleeping, when it occurred to her that she really did need to throw some things into the wash. The block of flats the cast stayed in for filming, unfortunately didn’t have facilities in each apartment and it would mean hauling things down to the shared machines.
She glanced at the clock, not terribly late by normal standards, but late enough that she knew nobody else would be doing any and that her being in a bathrobe wouldn’t be an issue.

She gathered her laundry together as well as a book, might as well stick around to change the load over, and headed down. A couple of minutes later she found that she was indeed correct in her assumption that nobody else would be there, but of the three washers one was in use, and another had a sign that it was for now out of service.

Alex frowned at the last washer, it was the one she usually avoided, temperamental thing. Nonetheless it was late and she wanted to be done with it, so in the load went. Four pages into her novel the water stopped filling and she hear the agitator start, seven pages in she was interrupted by the clanging of an unbalanced washer.

She sighed and glared at the washer, always something with that one. The machine next to hers had finished its cycle and she was sorely tempted to switch machines, but really moving someone elses laundry seemed like a poor idea. She always hated the idea of someone else moving her things.  She adjusted her own instead, hoping the balance would be fine, but to no avail. The clanging continued. With a final glare at the machine, she hopped up to sit on the washer, the vibration of it lessening instantly. Unfortunately she’d forgotten her book on the other side of the room and it was too much bloody effort to retrieve at this point.

She crossed her ankles instead and looked up to the ceiling, her hands clutching at the edge of the washer to keep her from tipping backwards.
“Interrupting something am I?”
Alex was startled at the amused voice from the doorway and jumped before smiling and shaking her head.
“Jesus Matthew, it’s like you want to give me a heart attack.” He moved to the washer next to hers and opened it to switch out the load to the dryer.
“Well, you did look to be enjoying that, sorry,” he teased.
Rolling her eyes and grinning she laughed and replied, “If I was darling it’s only because that's the most action I’ve seen in awhile.” A true statement though though she had meant it in jest. She would have been embarrassed to admit it, but she would have turned down any offers not coming from him anyway. It was silly really, lusting after a man his age, at her age.
He waggled his eyebrows suggestively at her, “Could easily remedy that Kingston.”

“Is that an offer then darling?” Fully expecting to embarrass him a little she raked her eyes over him and licked her lips. Shockingly he doesn’t back down even a little, and rather than causing him to blush she seemed to have only caused his eyes to darken. “Mmm, Did you want it to be?” His voice was strained and then she realised. Oh. Oh, well that was unexpected.  She knew that she’d been more than a little interested in him for a while now, but she had no idea that he might have been interested in her as well. She wasn’t sure that she wanted to say no however bad an idea it may be. She followed his darkened gaze to find it resting on her gently bouncing chest, her robe having slipped slightly open just enough to show the swell of her breasts.
The washer beneath her clicked and as it drained she heard herself speak again. “You’re welcome to come and find out.”