Part 18

My brother. I need to find him. He must be out here in the woods, in the burning smoking trees. I need to stop his screaming.

Stumbling, tripping, crawling. Just need to get to him. To stop the loud noise. It was to loud. The shrill cries echoed in my head, ringing in my ears until it drowned out the crackling of the trees. Drowning out the pain, the heat, the burning. As long as I got to my brother, and made him stop screaming, everything would be fine. It will all be fine.

I'm metres away from the house now. The burning smoking ruins. The screams have stopped. The noise has stopped. Now I can think. I can calm down. I laugh slightly, but it's not much of a laugh. It more of a dry raspy cough, because of the smoke choking me. And the fire eating at my legs. Burning me. I'm on fire again. The fire...

I wake up screaming, kicking the blankets off of me. A minute into my hysterical screams, Yoongi bursts into the room, gun in hand.

"Who tried to kill you, I swear-"

His eyes settle on my sobbing body, hidden under the covers in blissful darkness.

"Kitten?"

Without saying another word, Yoongi sits on the bed, and pulls me onto his lap. Immediately, I melt into his embrace, crying into his t shirt and gripping it slightly with my hand. I needed something, anything, to remind me that I'm fine. That I'm okay.

Yoongi rubs my back in soothing circles, not needing to say anything. The silence was more comforting than words, and I felt myself calming down, my breathing returning back to normal.

After an hour of me crying, I raise my head from shirt, and look up at him, embarrassed. I've just let a man I haven't even known for that long see the most vulnerable side of me. I've exposed my entire self to him, and now I just have to pray he won't reject me.

"You can go now if you want." I mumble.

He hesitates for a moment.

"I... I'll stay."

He carefully removes me from his lap, lying me down on the bed, covering me in blankets. After lying me down, Yoongi gets a soft cloth to wipe my face with, and sits by my side, gently dabbing at my face, and tying my hair into a top knot.

"Is that better?" He asks.

I just nod, the gratitude too much to express in words. He didn't leave. He stayed. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Yoongi lies hesitantly on the bed, and I pull him closer to me, cuddling him. He hesitates, but wraps his arms around me, hugging me closer to him. Our legs intertwine and his hand rests on the exposed skin of my waist, his touch sending fireworks across my skin.

"Do you want to go somewhere tomorrow?" whispers Yoongi.

"Where?"

"My house."

"But I thought you lived here, in the pack house."

"Too much noise and kids. I like privacy and quiet."

We lie there on the bed for a minute, quiet and content. Yoongi traces patterns across my abdomen absent mindedly.

"Okay." I reply.

"Okay?"

"We can go there tomorrow."

"Okay," He whispers.

-time skip-

"So, do you like it?"

An hour into the woods, Yoongi and I finally reach our destination, his house. Windows encase the second floor, and a balcony wraps around the third, high enough to see over the forest and off into the distance. It was a modern building, but isn't alienated from the natural surroundings. The house sits by a gigantic lake, with a small boats tied to a dock. Overall, it was very impressive.

"It's nice."

Yoongi fidgets with his fingers.

"Do you want to go inside? I can show you your room."

"Okay."

Taking me by the hand, Yoongi leads me inside to a room covered in cream, beige and grey, and flooded with bright sunlight through windows showing views of the lake. It wasn't excessively big, nor was it small. It was perfect. Yoongi stood awkwardly in the corner as I marvel at the small trinkets on the dressing table, and the soft, luxurious bed in the centre.

"Do you... like it?"

"Mhm."

He breathes an audible sigh of relief, then offers me his hand again, and unlocks a set of doors I hadn't noticed, and leads me out to a balcony.

"The view..."

"Is incredible."

We both smile slightly at us finishing each other's sentences. I gaze out across the balcony to the view of the sun low in the sky, pink and orange rays casting a soft glow across the lake and house. But the view out there was nothing compared to the view standing in front of me.

His shirt clinging slightly to his body, a few buttons undone at the top giving only a glimpse of what was underneath. Face lit up at the view around him, illuminated as if the light was coming from within him. His entire side profile was like a five course meal, and the jawline so sharp that my eyes felt like they were being shredded to pieces. When he ran his hand through his hair, I think I died a little inside.

"You finished?"

Yoongi's words pull me out of my daydream.

"Huh? What.. I was just..."

"Checking me out?" He says with a smirk, facing me.

That smirk. I think I'm ascending to heaven (or hell because I'll be a sinner for Min Yoongi 😏).

"Nooooo." I protest, my mind searching for excuses, "I was just enjoying the view."

"The view being me?"

"No.. well... actually... no?"

"Oh well, because I was also enjoying the view. Very much. The view is beautiful. Breathtaking. And," He says, turning back to stare at the lake, "It would be nice if the view wanted to go for a picnic tomorrow."

This boy is smooth as fuck.

"Well, I think the view would love to say yes."

"Really?"

"As long as I- I mean the view, gets a shitload of pork belly."

"Done."

"And gets to pick the movie we- the view and you are watching tonight."

"What snacks do you want?"

"Popcorn, ramen and watermelon."

"Your wish is my command."

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

This chapter is so soft I almost cried writing it. THEY ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER I-

Do they have enough chemistry together or am I rushing this?

Sorry if this seems sort of like a filler chapter, but I need to develop their relationship before we get into the real tea. Because that tea will be boiling. Piping hot. Steaming. Etc.

Check out my new Yoongi hybrid/mafia fanfiction, Cat Burglar.
https://my.w.tt/OhIN8AhbN8

💜❤️Saranghae ❤️💜