iii. i'm getting bad vibes

chapter three

─── i'm getting bad vibes

          𝔚as it too much to ask for me to have one five minute period where nothing potentially life altering happened? I didn't think it was that big of an ask, but apparently it was.

Previously, I'd been on a breaking bridge with some teenager waving a knife at me and another guy trying to mediate but doing a failing job. Now, I was on the back of a chariot with the afore mentioned knife wielding teenager, the mediator, Leo and Piper. It was an explosive combination, one that I felt was destined to lead to somewhere miserable as we rose above the Grand Canyon and headed east.

More storm clouds gathered behind us as an icy wind ripped through my windbreaker. I huffed, pulling it tighter around me and zipping it up until I could bury my nose into the collar. It was far too big to me, loose and long at my arms and waist. I was practically enveloped in the fabric and I couldn't work out who it belonged to.

We hit a particular gust and something twitched as my hand shot out, grabbing Leo before he was launched out of the back of the chariot.

 "This is so cool!" He spat a pegasus feather from his mouth as I grinned beneath the collar of the windbreaker. "Where are we going?"

"A safe place," Annabeth paused in her muttering to tell us that, still looking annoyed. "The only safe place for kids like us. Camp Half-Blood."

"Half Blood?" Piper choked out, turning to look around as I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Is that some kind of bad joke?"

"She means we're demigods," I corrected. "Half god, half human."

I surprised myself with that knowledge if I was honest. Annabeth turned to glare at me again. "You seem to know an awful lot for an amnesiac, Cressida. But, yes, demigods. My mum's Athena, goddess of wisdom. Butch here is the son of Iris, the rainbow goddess."

Leo choked. "Your mom is a rainbow goddess?"

"Got a problem with that?" Butch glared.

"No, no," Leo said. "Rainbows. Very macho."

"Butch is our best equestrian," Annabeth told us. "He gets along great with the pegasi."

"Rainbows, ponies," Leo muttered. "What's next?"

"I'm gonna toss you off this chariot," Butch warned.

"Demigods," Piper said and I let go of Leo's jacket to grab onto the back of hers and hold her upright, because she looked like she was going to faint. I didn't particularly want to jump over the side of the chariot and have to fly again. "You mean you think you're...you think we're—"