v. i have a patron but i don't think it's a good thing

chapter five

─── i have a patron but i don't think it's a good thing

          𝔏uke was quick to take Piper from the two girls, picking her up with ease and setting her on the couch. Annabeth disappeared to get a med kit as I hovered by Piper's head, checking for a pulse. She was pale, barely breathing.

"We've got to heal her," I insisted. "There is a way, isn't there?"

Chiron put his hand on her forehead and grimaced. "Her mind is in a fragile state. Rachel, what happened?"

"I wish I knew," She said, shaking her head as I turned. She better remember quicky because this was someone that I knew (I think) and I didn't like that she was hurt. "As soon as I got to camp, I had a premonition about Hera's cabin. I went inside. Annabeth and Piper came in while I was there. We talked, and then—I just blanked out. Annabeth said I spoke in a different voice."

"A prophecy?" Chiron questioned and I noticed that Luke had gone more silent, backing off a little as I wondered what was going on.

"No. The spirit of Delphi comes from within. I know how that feels. This was like long distance, a power trying to speak through me."

Annabeth ran in with a leather pouch. She knelt next to Piper. "Chiron, what happened back there—I've never seen anything like it. I've heard Rachel's prophecy voice. This was different. She sounded like an older woman. She grabbed Piper's shoulders and told her—"

"To free her from a prison?" I guessed, as Annabeth turned to stare at me. She was looking at me like I'd just killed her cat or something.

"How did you know that?"

Chiron made a three-fingered gesture over his heart, like a ward against evil.

"Cressida, tell them. Annabeth, hand me the medicine bag."

Chiron trickled drops from a medicine vial into Piper's mouth while I explained what had happened when the room froze—the dark misty woman who had claimed to be my patron.

No one spoke as I finished, causing me to begin to stress. Had I made a mistake telling them? Were they going to kill me or something?

"So, does this happen often?" I questioned. "Supernatural phone calls from convicts demanding you bust them out of jail?"

"Your patron," Annabeth seemed to be trying to put it all together. "Not your godly parent?"

"No, she said patron," I nodded my head. "She said that she named me and blessed me."